||Founded by industry veterans, our Brighton-based client is currently seeking a Senior Programmer to join their talented team! Having already produced several successful AAA titles, the studio is eager to continue creating innovative titles which push the boundaries of the gaming experience.
This is your chance to join the journey, and work on the studio’s exciting new unannounced project!
The Senior Programmer will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and implementing systems and game code, and will be happy to turn their hand to any task required. They will also be an active member of the code team, setting an example for and mentoring less experienced programmers.
- Designing, developing, writing, testing and implementing systems and game code
- Work with designers, artists and other personnel involved in the development process as required to create the highest possible quality product
- Help to develop technical design specifications and is able to implement them
- Test and refine gameplay features throughout the development cycle of the project
- Estimate own tasks and delivers high quality code to that schedule
- Mentor code team, passing on experience and expertise, and leading by example
- Perform code reviews with the team to ensure code quality.
- Proficient in C/C++ with a minimum of 4 years experience.
- 3 years experience working in the video games industry.
- 2 years experience in console or mobile programming.
- Worked on at least 1 shipped game.
- Experience using Unity3D, including at least one shipped product.
- Experience with industry standard development practices: source control, asset pipelines, issue tracking, external QA and localisation teams.
- Experience with post-launch on-going product development and delivery.
- Experience with continuous integration and build automation.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with art packages and pipeline development.
- Experience with low level optimisation, shader programming, physics or mathematics.
- Experience with augmented, virtual or mixed reality products.
- Experience with developing Toys to Life or other interconnected software and hardware systems.
- Understanding and experience of cloud server and network backend systems.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including with team members outside of the code team
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively including planning, organising and prioritising in conjunction with the code team
- Writes clear, debuggable, maintainable and performance targeted code
- Able to design and create complex systems from start to finish, formulating and realising creative solutions to novel problems
- Able to break down and structure tasks to meet deadlines efficiently
- A professional ‘can do’ attitude and a strong team player
- Enjoys mentoring and coaching less experienced programmers
- Highly self-motivated with a positive mental attitude and pride in delivering quality
- Excellent bug diagnosis and debugging skills
- Demonstrable portfolio of relevant extra-curricular or hobbyist projects
For more information about this excellent vacancy contact Andy Jenkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, give us call at 01709 834777.