Senior Graphics Programmer
Games Jobs - Programming - Edinburgh
|Job Title||Senior Graphics Programmer|
|Job Category||Graphics / Engine|
|Job Description||Senior Graphics Programmer
My client are seeking a senior graphics programmer to help breathe life, realism and fun into their next-generation games. This is an exciting opportunity to develop cutting-edge graphics and visual effect systems, working together with the art department to create optimal, attractive solutions for their games. Interested applicants should possess an excellent grounding in graphics theory, good math skills, a keen eye for detail, and a natural ability to communicate as part of a creative team.
- Develop new and enhance existing graphics technologies (rendering, lighting, shadows, shaders, culling, scene management and others) to help achieve state-of-the-art visuals.
- Work closely with the rest of the programming team to assist in integrating graphics technologies, identify extensions to that technology, and help create those improvements.
- Work with others to expand our next-generation graphics pipeline including advanced lighting and rendering techniques, and special effects.
- Help evangelize and facilitate the sharing of successful graphics approaches from the game projects across Rockstar's studios.
- At least one shipped console or PC title; preferably on the Xbox and/or Playstation consoles.
- Experience in identifying bottlenecks and optimizing existing / future rendering code.
- Significant knowledge of how to program the vertex and pixel shader hardware units.
- Knowledgeable in variety of special FX techniques.
- Experience with multithreaded programming.
- Ability to debug engine level code.
- Experience optimizing both performance factors and memory footprints using hardware and software profilers (PIX, GCM Replay, Tuner, Vtune, etc.).
- Ability to research existing approaches and adapt those to new or modified uses.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Excellent HLSL and Cg programming skills.
- Experience with 3D graphics APIs (Direct3D 11+, vendor specific and/or OpenGL).
- Being versatile and regularly proving a readiness to tackle new challenges.
- Ability to work with artists, designers and other content creators to make sure they can get the most out of the technology.
- Passionate about playing and making games!
For more information about this excellent role contact Greg Brotherton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively give us a call at 01709 834777.
|More||View other Aardvark Swift jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Aardvark Swift using their internal reference 8297.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|