||Cubic Motion is looking for a highly experienced and dynamic Production Manager to join our team in Manchester and further drive the growth of our business servicing some of the most highly respected and widely recognized AAA developers in the video game industry. This role reports directly to company Directors and the Management team.
Cubic Motion is unrivaled in technology-driven facial animation. See our live animation technology demonstrated at SIGGRAPH 2016. Comprising a large team of scientists, developers and animation specialists, Cubic Motion is trusted by world-leading studios to provide stunning results at a production speed we believe is unequalled by any service provider or tool-based pipeline. To join one of the UK’s most exciting high-growth businesses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about this position. All applicants must have permission to work in the EU. Cubic Motion is an equal opportunities employer. Our only hiring criterion is ability.
- Working alongside the Director of Production you will have full responsibility for all company output with respect to quality, delivery schedules, and client satisfaction.
- Day-to-day management of our animation teams (50+ staff) and processes.
- Maintain clear communication with our team of Producers and Lead Animators.
- Build on our strong client relationships with frequent and detailed communication of progress and potential issues.
- Contributing towards company strategy and roadmaps, drawing on industry experience and contacts.
- Ensure all production schedules, tasks, and project progress is tracked accurately.
- Continue to push our team and output to new levels of animation quality, whilst always maintaining our client deadlines.
- Work with the team to estimate scope of project work.
- Constant pursuit of objectives and deliverables.
- Manage the flow of assets and information between internal teams and our clients.
- Identify and resolve production issues.
- Prepare production reports for the Management team on a “live” basis.
- Ensure meetings are properly documented and actioned.
- Document software bugs and problems clearly for the R&D team.
- Assign and track tasks using our in-house project tracking tools.
- Assist production teams in identifying and resolving issues preventing progress.
- Recruitment of production staff.
- Defining training programs for new recruits.
- Support the Business Development team in securing new clients/projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
- Proven industry experience in a senior production role on at least 10 projects (games, TV, VFX), it is crucial that you demonstrate detailed involvement with character animation teams and processes.
- Able to organize and track large amounts of information.
- Effective and self-motivated communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Autodesk Maya and the character animation process.
- Have a genuine enthusiasm for making and playing all types of video games.
- Have strong time management skills with the ability to focus and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Be a collaborative and dynamic team-player who is able to work with many different types of personalities.
- Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Flexibility and strong initiative, together with excellent organisational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, and manage and prioritize their own workload.
- Ability to communicate and comprehend technical information in both written and oral form.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Perforce, Shotgun, and project/bug tracking applications is desirable.
- Excel scripting is a plus.
- Hands-on character animation / motion capture editing skills and experience are a plus.
- Send CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
- This role is based on-site at our Manchester (UK) head-office.
- An EU work permit is required.
- Travel to client sites will be needed at times.