Games Jobs - Programming - Edinburgh
|Job Title||Network Programmer|
|Job Category||Network / Online / Server|
|Job Description||We are looking for a Network Programmer to work on the recently announced video game Everywhere.
The role involves working across the codebase, from low-level networking protocols, through game-level systems, to our back-end server architecture. Our game is built to support networking from the ground up, and you will play a critical role in ensuring it is built on strong foundations.
We are recruiting for multiple positions, and welcome candidates with varied levels of experience.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and groundbreaking open-world game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project. We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands.
We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
• Work with game-level programmers to implement network-aware gameplay features.
• Develop core networking functionality, including helping to define APIs and frameworks for the rest of the code team.
• Ensure networking systems are robust and high-performance.
• Strong C++ skills.
• Self-motivated and driven to creatively solve problems.
• Strong communication skills, and comfortable working across teams.
• Videogame network programming experience, ideally on AAA PC/console titles.
This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Please apply by E-mailing us your covering letter and CV/resume.
|More||View other Everywhere jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Everywhere using their internal reference .|
|Apply for this job|