- Contract: Permanent
- Team: Commercial
- Reporting to: Chief Commercial Officer
- Location: 3rd Floor East, Times House, Bravingtons Walk, Kings Cross, London N1 9AW
Role overviewThe Business Development Manager is a key role within the Commercial department working to drive Green Man Gaming’s financial growth and market share. This person builds new Publisher and Developer relationships outside of our normal publishers (Activision, EA, Bethesda etc), identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals. This person also maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions, hence influencing long-term organizational strategic goals.As a sales lead within the company, it is your job to work with the internal team including senior stakeholders such as the Chief Commercial, Strategy and Marketing Officers increase revenue opportunities for the organisation. To achieve this, you will need to proactively find new Publishers and Developers, present to them, ultimately convert them into Green Man Gaming publishing partners.Your main task will be to identify and target what we call core content medium and large and to reach out and secure new partnerships.Territorially, the focus is global.In addition to being a persuasive, talented business development manager, passionate about games with a strong understanding of the publisher/developer community. the successful candidate should. Knowledge of e-Commerce and/online retail will also be a distinct advantage!
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Prospect for potential new content owners, using research to identify decision makers within organisations.
- Build relationships with prospective new publishing partner and ultimately convert these leads into new business agreements.
- Cold call as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential content owners by growing, maintaining, and nurturing a network of contacts.
- Set up meetings between potential publishing partners decision makers and appropriate Green Man Gaming colleagues to help secure business.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Work with the Green Man Gaming team to plan your approach and develop collateral (including pitch proposals) that speak to the content owners needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing respective Green Man Gaming solutions and/or services.
- Handle content owners reservations/objections by clarifying, working though differences and emphasising shared goals and objectives to achieve positive conclusions.
- Attend relevant functions, events and conferences and provide feedback and information on business opportunities, market conditions and content owners trends.
- Represent Green Man Gaming in a professional and positive manner at all times.
General duties & responsibilities
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet Publisher and Developer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external publisher debriefs.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Provide regular project updates and reports to line manager and other relevant stakeholders
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
- Document new ideas and initiatives that might improve Green Man Gaming’s competitiveness and attractiveness as a business partner.
- Contribute to an effective team working approach.
- Effective prospector/networker with demonstrable track record of developing new and successful relationships.
- Effective sales planner, with and finely-tuned talent for identifying Publisher and Developer needs, challenges and opportunities.
- Ability to identify, access and positively influence key decision makers in target organisations.
- Excellent all round communication skills.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a passion for business development and sales.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and ability to roll the sleeves up and get on with the work.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects to completion, within.
- The ability to work well in a team, to put yourself forward as an individual and maintain a good sense of humour.
- Previous online retail or eCommerce experience is desirable.
- A strong understanding and appreciation of digital marketing and a hunger to build even more experience in this field is equally valuable.
- Another language would be great but not essential.