||Web / Graphic Designer,Animator,Character Artist,Vehicle Artist,Environment Artist,2D / Concept / Texture Artist,UI / UX Designer / Artist,Lead Artist,Technical Animator,VFX / Lighting Artist,Art Director,Technical Artist,Graduate Artist ,Graduate Animator ,Lead Animator,Cinematics / MoCap
||Senior Art Director - China
Our client are one of the largest game developers, providing the highest quality games and art to publishers and developers worldwide.
They are a licensed developer on PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and 3DS, and also develop on iOS and SNS platforms. Its clients include 15 of the top 20 game companies in the World.
- Report to the Group Development Director with close collaboration with Group Technical Director.
- Oversee Artistic leadership, vision, direction and motivation of the Game Art Division. Proactively conduct Art quality evaluations, project reviews, risk management and growth and mentorship of the Art teams.
- Manage Junior and Senior 3D / 2D model and texture artists engaged in next gen projects
- Lead and inspire Game Division Art Directors in Shanghai and indirectly manage Game Art Directors in other studios. Ensure Game Art Department team are not only delivering project goals and objectives, but are also growing the overall talent pool with mentorship and career development programs.
- Communicate on a regular basis with direct reports, and where possible, with art team members to stay on top of the team’s needs, strengths and weaknesses.
- Proactively identify artistic, quality and execution risk associated with projects and work with team leads to propose mitigation strategies.
- Keep abreast of artistic technology advancements and initiatives within the games industry and ensure such advancements are evaluated and recommendations are clearly communicated to senior management.
- Ensure all projects have clear artist, branding and aesthetic vision that is effectively clearly communicated vertically and horizontally within the Games Division.
- Work closely with Group Development Director to ensure artistic staffing plans and team's capabilities are appropriate to deliver the operational and financial goals as defined by senior management.
- Work with sales to identify potential business opportunities that could leverage existing or potential internal artistic capabilities.
- Work with senior management to ensure technology vision and execution is aligned with company’s strategic goals
- Ensure the quality of art deliverables meets project expectations and take mitigation action when necessary. Escalate risks to Producer’s and Group Development Director.
- Ensure all projects are artistically running optimally,
- Work closely with AD’s to drive a culture of leadership, proactivity, ownership and accountability within their game teams.
- Manage communication with clients in coordination with Group Development Director in terms of artistic project progress and overall visual quality.
- Continually challenge AD’s to improve performance and efficiencies within the game teams.
HR level :
- Act as senior hiring and people manager for Artists within the Game Division
- Actively identify which artistic disciplines (UI, animation, etc.) are low on resources or lacking in a needed skillset, and work with HR to recruit candidates for the roles. This includes reviewing portfolios, assessing candidates’ tests, interviewing, and advising HR on offer conditions, as well as project placement.
- Define workflow, standards and training plans for Artists
- Several shipped games as AD.
- 4+ years in an Art leadership position
Please contact Bonnie Pavlo on 01273530771 email@example.com if you are interested in this position. Please forward your CV in a Word format. View Many More Interactive Selection Jobs
We are an equal opportunities recruitment agency that values diversity and does not discriminate. We encourage clients to welcome applicants from all backgrounds