||This well established AAA studio based in the North West of England is looking for a head of QA.
You will define the QA strategy and approach for the company’s projects on multiple sites ensuring product quality.
As the Head of QA, you will be responsible for the strategic and operational level of the QA Department. The role requires flexibility, understanding of competing priorities, the ability to multitask and a high level of personal organisation.You will be responsible for defining the QA strategy and approach for the company’s projects based on multiple sites.
You will be managing an experienced QA manager, compliance manager, QA supervisor and heading up a QA team of 140+.
- Responsibility for strategic and operational planning.
- Responsible for defining QA strategy, approach and execution in development projects.
- Responsible for leading and directing the QA leadership team.
- Be accountable for test processes, mentor and provide leadership to the senior QA team.
- Participate in interviews, inductions, training and performance evaluations of all QA leads.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise within the field of Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Ensuring that the development teams adhere to the principles, guidelines and best practices of the QA strategy as defined.
- Focus on continuous QA improvements including usage of appropriate testing tools, test techniques and test automation.
- Monitoring of all the QA activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement. Implement steps required to improve the processes.
- Gather and present testing metrics and testing activities for the projects to key stakeholders.
- Ensure the proper usage of available tools to gain the maximum benefit of the QA effort. This includes testing tools for functional, performance, automation, etc.
- Training and continuous learning of QA staff by means of short courses, conferences, meetups, certifications, etc.
- Be an escalation point for all matters related to testing and quality assurance and operate as a primary point of contact for the QA teams.
- Direct the development of the QA strategy, methodology, discipline and framework. Driving and improving the QA team in areas of automated testing and agile testing.
- Provide technical expertise in Test Automation, Testing Methodologies, Testing Processes, Tools and Techniques across the teams.
- Work with QA Managers and the Studio Managers to develop and execute QA strategies to meet and exceed quality goals. Work closely with senior QA team to ensure adequate planning of resources for titles.
- Stay abreast of business strategy, goals, objectives and operational performance.
- Effectively communicate project expectations, goals and scope to the teams.
- Maintain an excellent understanding of the status of all live projects, and projects currently in development.
- Provide regular updates to all project stakeholders (Studio Manager, Production, Publishing etc).
- Perform continual risk assessment on any assigned project, escalating any major concerns to the relevant stakeholders.
- Required to work closely with the Development team to ascertain exactly what
Who you are:
- QA Management experience across multiple projects, off-shore and in-house.
- Must be a strong leader with experience in implementing and shaping the company’s QA processes and strategies.
- Strong communication skills with all the key stakeholders to ensure QA vision is understood and implemented correctly.
- Advocate of Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement and industry recognised Best Practices.
- Excellent knowledge of Risk Management, Risk Identification and Risked Based Testing.
- Experience managing testing departments and testing functions, managing large and complex activities and processes.
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure.
- Proactive, strong minded, quick thinker and assertive.
- Responsible for talent management and succession planning.
- A professional individual who is self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communicator, influencing skills and negotiation skills to get management buy-in on ideas and concepts.
- Able to communicate with all levels of management and peers within the organisation.
- Strong project management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of video games across multiple platforms.
Please contact Bonnie Pavlo on 0208 944 7777 or email@example.com if you are interested in this position. Please forward your CV in a Word format.View Many More Interactive Selection Jobs
We are an equal opportunities recruitment agency that values diversity and do not discriminate. We encourage clients to welcome applicants from all backgrounds.