||Senior World / Level Designer wanted AAA studio in Stockholm
||Games Designer,Level Designer,Lead Designer,Creative Director
||We are looking for a Senior World Designer to join our team in creating a yet unannounced self publishing project. The team is moderately sized which will give you great opportunities to influence the end product while at the same time requiring you to push the boundaries of your discipline when needed.
As a Senior World Designer, you’ll mainly be responsible for creating amazing locations in the game world while also scripting specific experiences the player will have in them. You will be getting your hands dirty building great experiences with a wide range of editors and tools.
In practice, this entails tasks like:
- Working with the Game Director, Lead Artist, and your fellow Designers to formulate a pitch and seeing it through the approval process.
- Building the bare bones version of the setting. From the rough shape and placement of buildings and roads to any important natural landmarks and vegetation. All while closely working with…
- Artists to help them understand the space and to make sure they can turn it into something beautiful.
- Gameplay Designer to make sure things like the roads are just the right size and shape.
- Placing enemies and all important gameplay-specific props necessary to pull off your vision of the experience. All while closely working with…
- Combat Designer to make sure you’re utilizing the best practices to ensure a great combat experience.
- Narrative and mission designers to make sure that the environment tells the necessary story.
- Audio and FX team to make sure you’re setting just the right tone and mood.
- Setting up exterior and interior location prefabs at the right level of complexity and quality to propagate a large game world that ends up more than the sum of its parts.
- And finally, making the right adjustments based on feedback and thoroughly debugging your work until it’s ready to make its way into the hands of millions of players.
- Experience as a World / Level Designer on a AAA title
- Experience with open world games
- Experience with world art or terrain sculpting
- Ability to analyze and understand how existing games are constructed
- Strong knowledge of game design fundamentals
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to successfully produce results individually and as part of a team
- A passion for playing open world action games!
- Experience working with game editors such as UnrealEd/Hammer
- Scripting experience/knowledge (Python, LUA or equal)
Please contact Cassandra Donnelly on 01279 871330 email@example.com if you are interested in this position. Please forward your CV in a Word format. View Many More Interactive Selection Jobs.
We are an equal opportunities recruitment agency that values diversity and does not discriminate. We encourage clients to welcome applicants from all backgrounds
||Competitive with Benefits
||Stockholm, UK & Europe
||View other Interactive jobs
This job is advertised on behalf of Interactive using their internal reference 2856.
|Login or register to apply