At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last.
You are ambitious, intelligent, and intellectually curious. You are a self-disciplined problem-solver, who is respectful and straightforward with all your colleagues. You are trusting and trusted, flexible and emotionally mature, and you thrive on working with people who share these values.
At Boss Alien we design and create innovative free-to play mobile games, with jaw-dropping visuals and super-accessible gameplay.
You will be joining a team of passionate, talented, and ambitious, designers, programmers and artists, to work on a new project that has ambitions to exceed our already high-standards. This is your opportunity to shine in the growth area of the industry - to take a new game currently at the start of development, and working with an incredible team, help deliver it to the global market.
Your role will help ensure the game launches on-time, with a rock-solid game economy, and then continues to deliver engaging and creative events and content.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive the design of a brand new game, bringing creativity, vision, market knowledge, design experience and a collaborative working style to become a key design leader in a brand new team.
- Provide clear and concise communication of the product vision, design approaches and requirements to team members, product owners, senior management and other relevant key stakeholders through documentation, presentations and visual tools to convey key concepts, mechanics and systems required.
- Develop systems and behaviours for core gameplay, retention, and social game features that monetize, engage and motivate players through amazing game experiences and highly enjoyable progression.
- Tune game and monetization features, and the overall freemium game economy to maximise the player experience and revenue potential.
- Observe and analyse user testing and analytics to recommend design solutions and improve/fix design features during the life of the product as a service.
- Establish and model key player progression and game economy statements, balance the game towards them.
- Lead design reviews/evaluations on a regular basis. Respond to emergent QA and design issues/problems in development and ensure these are addressed to meet product goals and release plan targets
- Define features post-launch spanning several months with a clear understanding of impact on retention/monetization, working closely with a Project Manager/Lead to effectively push them into content releases that drive value.
- You have experience managing a design team, directing work and mentoring staff.
- You understand that we can only create outstanding games as a team and have the experience and energy to together turn visions into fully developed game mechanics.
- You have a strong attention to detail and understand the importance of balance and strong system design.
- Great experience at writing design specifications and building playable prototypes.
- You have hands-on experience managing the design of a live game.
- You are a F2P design expert, and know how to integrate both a fun user experience and effective monetization strategy into a product.
- You love playing RPGs and/or strategy games.
- You’re great with numbers and a master of Excel.
WHAT DO WE GIVE YOU?
- The opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme
- Experienced, collaborative and diverse team
- Friendly, fun and sociable people
- Regular group activities and events
- Communal Music
- Zynga Stock Unit allocation from day one
- Private healthcare
- 6 months fully paid maternity and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit & soft drinks
- 23 days holiday
- Casual dress every day!
- The opportunity to join the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes we run
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in every Studio, every Friday.
- A discretionary annual bonus