||OPM is excited to be working with this leading AAA games developer based in the Netherlands. With over a decade’s experience in the games industry, they have grown into a multicultural team of over 200 people that have strived to achieve technical and artistic excellence in their games.
They are looking for an Outsourcing Producer to take ownership of the planning and organization of the external art development. They leverage outsourcing to the max, and all internal art teams support and/or utilize external production to some extent. They already have art directors with ownership of the creative vision, who provide feedback to vendors directly on a daily basis, but they need support with the long-term planning, securing of external resources, and management of the vendors themselves in order to succeed.
- Maintain and cultivate long-term positive vendor relationship;
- Negotiate favourable contracts; to secure good terms, rates, and talents;
- Plan and book external capacity to guarantee the best external resources are always available whenever needed;
- Anticipate resource needs, both short-term and long-term, from sometimes uncertain and fluent design decisions.;
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and help shepherd the internal processes forward to keep production running smoothly without interruptions;
- Support the internal assistant art directors, who are responsible for the day-to-day interactions with vendors, if issues need to be escalated for quick resolution;
- Facilitate communication between all art teams to realize overall goals and make sure deadlines are met and issues surfaced swiftly;
- Track status of art assets, including making sure supporting materials required for production is properly prepared, communicated, understood, and followed externally;
- Assist external project managers in the creation and execution of art schedules and resource plans;
- Gather accurate data and prepare financial reports, such as monthly, quarterly, and annual spending, both actual and forecasted, for the executive producer and studio management team;
- Look to expand the studio’s outsourcing efforts where further efficiencies, savings, and/or quality improvements can be made.
- Game industry experience in outsourcing and vendor management;
- Able to solve complex production problems efficiently with a track-record of doing so already.
- Knowledgeable of art content production pipelines; from ideas, briefs, workflows, and team dependencies etc.;
- Ambitious and relentlessly focused on high-quality, high-fidelity results;
- Comfortable in an ambiguous and dynamic work environment, embracing changes and accepting revisions if needed to improve the game;
- Master of both agile and waterfall production methods, able to discern which approach to take based on the situation;
- Proficient in Excel, Hansoft, JIRA.
- A background in technical art direction or art production would prove an advantage however this is NOT a hands-on art director position as those tasks are already covered by other roles.
Please note: This studio unfortunately unable to sponsor work visas for this role, therefore all applicants must be eligible to work in the Europe without visa sponsorship.
The company offers a competitive salary, bonus and benefits as well
For further information about the role please contact Max on +44 (0) 1206214420 or apply now!!