||OPM is thrilled to be working for this passionate AAA videogames developer who’re currently looking for a Combat Designer to join their team. You will be working in their independent studio working closely with their main team on their core titles. They are expanding their studio and want to double (even triple) their size.
- Work with Quest Designers, Open World Designers, Level Designers and Environment Artists to design memorable combat encounters based on predefined narrative, environmental and gameplay themes
- Take encounter “shells” delivered by other teams and using their proprietary visual scripting language; script combat AI and flow, memorable moments/set pieces and companion AI
- Working with Level Designers and Environmental Artists, ensure level geometry serves the needs of the combat encounter
- Work with AI Designers and AI Programmers to ensure you have the necessary control over AI to script both stealth and action based encounters
- Dedicate yourself to understanding all player verbs, allowing yourself to craft divergent experiences that cater to all available playstyles
- Help define combat scripting standards and ensure consistency in implementation across the project
- Working with Gameplay Designers, proactively suggest improvements to core combat systems and principles
- Extensive experience in similar role (level scriper, level designer, combat designer etc.)
- At least one AAA Shooter title shipped with a significant contribution to the combat encounter design and implementation.
- Experience working with next-generation 3D level editors (CryEngine, Unreal etc. or internally developed editors)
- Knowledge and experience working with text based scripting languages (Lua, C# etc.) or visual Scripting (Flowgraph, Kismet, Blueprints etc.) to script level flow/logic
- Both analytic and creative thinking skills
- Good knowledge of English language
- C++ coding experience
- Experience creating AI
- The ability to prototype custom gameplay features using scripting languages like C# and LUA
What’s on offer?
- Modern studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies
- Private health care
- An exciting chance to work on one of the most acclaimed RPGs
- Outstanding relocation package for foreigners willing to establish in Poland including Polish lessons
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependant on their skills and experience.
To apply or for further information about the role please contact Emma on +44 (0) 1206214415 or mail a copy of your CV to email@example.com