||OPM is thrilled to be working for this passionate AAA videogames developer. You will be working in their independent studio working closely with their main team on their core titles. They are expanding their studio and want to double (even triple) their size.
Our Client is currently looking for a Lead Level Designer who will be leading the Level Designers team in day-to-day operation of designing, prototyping, iterating on and polishing in-game levels including level geometry, enemy encounters and other gameplay elements, using proprietary game engine.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Design Producer to help ensure proper balance between quality, deadlines and technical requirements.
- Guiding the team in crafting unique spaces where gameplay flow and visual composition form memorable experiences
- Leading the cooperation with other teams to make sure levels created contribute to and enhance the gameplay and game narrative
- Establishing quality benchmarks and driving the team in reaching them
- Overseeing the creation and maintenance of detailed, comprehensive documentation
- Contributing to the creation and constant improvement of pipelines and processes
- Playing active part in the recruitment of new candidates
- Extensive experience in game development within a Lead Level Designer position on a AAA production
- Experience with shooters with RPG elements
- Experience managing and leading a team of designers
- Proven success in creating varied, memorable levels
- Experience with game editors and/or 3D packages
- Excellent understanding of level design fundamentals and the role of level design in the overall player experience
- Extensive knowledge of current titles, specifically in Action/RPG area, as well as works of art, such as movies, architecture or visual arts, to be used as reference for crafting and communicating original ideas
- Ability to create map layouts on all stages – from simple drawings to fully functional levels in at least one of the existing game engines
- Ability to use all elements of the game world, including level geometry, texturing, lighting, sound and VFX to craft unique player experiences
- Strong analytical and creative thinking abilities
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies
- A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry
- A competitive salary and project based bonuses
- Private health care
- An exciting chance to work on one of the most acclaimed role-playing games
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland
- Polish lessons for foreign employees
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependant on their skills and experience.
To apply or for further information about the role please contact Emma on +44 (0) 1206214415 or mail a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org