||PLAYRMAKR is seeking a creative and exceptional Senior Game Programmer with proven coding skills looking for an opportunity make an impact on our current and future mobile titles to create immersive and compelling game experiences for our players.
You’ll be working on our sports focused mobile titles that can reach out to a large audience globally. Our first game Total Soccer, allows our mobile players and community to engage with top flight professional players and influencers in an immersive, competitive and authentic soccer experience.
- Specialise in design and building gameplay controls and systems, including game mechanics, controls, 3D game sim, meta-game behaviour and supporting implementation of UI, visual effects, audio effects, and in-game purchasing systems
- Be actively involved in game design, art, planning discussions to define opportunities and development requirements
- Designing and writing code in a maintainable and easily updatable manner, ready for post-launch updates in response to customer feedback
- Be responsible for the performance of the game, both frame-rate and memory usage to run beautifully on target platforms
- Work together with server developers to ensure smooth integration with backends
- Identify short and longer-term requirements for tools and development tech
- Contribute to the technical evaluation of projects under consideration or under execution, balancing high-level goals against practical development demands and considerations to maximize end results.
- Support and lead junior engineers by example
Requirements / Experience
- 5+ years of console, iPhone/Android development experience
- Excellent game feel for rapid prototyping, developing mechanics, features / game systems
- Very strong technical design and code skills, excellent C++ and C#, algorithmic and low level optimisation.
- Unity experience desirable but not essential
- Broad experience of all areas of the game development process.
- Experience of current generation console / mobile platforms and technologies
- Leadership / Ownership experience (technical and organisational) on the development of complex game projects
- Degree in Software Engineering / Computer Science, or extensive game programming history required
- Good AI knowledge and experience a plus
Reasons to Join our Team
- Getting involved early stage with one of the most innovative sports focused gaming companies in the world backed by top gaming investors and athletes
- Competitive compensation and stock options (Relocation package available)
- Opportunity for real impact, ownership and progression in an environment free from bureaucracy