||QA Tech Lead - Mobile Games Are you an experienced Automated tester in Mobile Games? Do you have experience with company self-produced software?
Reporting to the QA Manager, the QA Tech Lead works across multiple projects to define, execute and evolve the non-functional test strategy.
Working closely with the Technical Director and Lead Client/Server Engineers, the QA Tech Lead would be expected to identify, build and maintain useful automation tests initially with our current test automation framework - Appium, but later with an eye to introduce integration/component testing with C#.
They would also collaborate closely with the QA Project Lead for each project to guide, advise and ultimately disseminate testing knowledge in areas such as Network, Performance, Compatibility and Compliance testing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate and understand game server structures to develop efficient network test strategies
- Spec, scope, build and maintain useful UI automation tests with our current test framework - Appium
- Drive the effort for a deeper level of automation across the studio including API, integration and component testing
- Create modular, re-usable tests and document the approach
- Disseminate tech testing methods and skills throughout the department via pair testing with QA Project Leads / Embedded testers
- Evolve our performance / compatibility test strategy, measure crowd data and report effectively to guide the development team to the areas requiring further optimisation
- Own Platform compliance testing across titles, ensuring we are keeping up to date and responding to and learning from any feedback from platform holders
- Continuously consider bug prevention methods in all areas of testing
- Actively seek to self improve; pursue training and development activities, strive to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Technical design and code skills, preferably in C#
- Experience with & an interest in test automation
- Familiarisation with Selenium/Appium and ideally also with BDD related tools (Cucumber/Gherkin/SpecFlow etc.)
- Experienced with Charles Proxy
- Experience working in an Agile development/testing environment
- Experience working with Unity
- Significant mobile application testing experience (iOS/Android) - functional & non-functional
- Ability to work autonomously
- A passion for QA
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science
- Deep understanding of a game's development lifecycle
- Experience with JIRA
- Calm under pressure with a proactive attitude
- Excellent communicator
- Systematic approach to problem solving
- Significant experience working within a games studio (ideally within mobile)