Games Jobs - Game Design - Australia
|Job Title||Game Designer|
|Job Category||Games Designer|
|Job Description||We are looking for a super talented game designer to use their awesome skills and experience to improve engagement across our products. You will be working closely with the games team, creating design concepts and following up your designs through to implementation and launch.
We’d expect you to have:
– 2+ years experience in game design, including at least 1 year on a game in a live ops environment. (Outstanding, motivated juniors will be considered for the role)
– Knowledge and understanding of game design fundamentals
– Experience creating in-game content designed to appeal to multiple personas
– Expert understanding of game economy balancing, tuning and associated models, methods etc
– Experience writing clear and concise specs, user flows, and feature documentation
– Strong knowledge of free-to-play games in general
– Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
– Strong mathematical and analytical skills
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
– Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task priorities
– Strong communication and writing skills
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
– Passion for making great gamesBonus Points!– JIRA & Confluence experience.
– Experience in writing SQL queries or computer programming.
– Experience working in distributed teams across multiple timezones.To complement our team culture, we are only looking for people who:– Can solve problems, innovatively
– Have a record of self-learning and self-improvement
– Learn quickly
– Have tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done
– Choose jobs they enjoy
– Are not jerks
Virtual Gaming Worlds (VGW) is pioneering social sweepstake gaming, disrupting both the online social casino and poker markets, from offices in Perth, Sydney and Manila.VGW is a dynamic and happy workplace and the team has huge energy and passion for our products and our players. Couple that with the best of Aussie culture; a laid-back approach, flexible working hours, casual dress and enjoying the beach whenever possible.Sunny for 350-days of the year, it’s no wonder that Sydney and Perth frequently rank amongst the most liveable cities in the world.We have a truly international workforce – including some of the very best talent in social gaming. But, we also have some big, hairy audacious goals and we require more talented people to join the family. Together, we are committed to building something amazing.
|Job Category||Game Design|
|More||View other Virtual Gaming Worlds (VGW) jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Virtual Gaming Worlds (VGW) using their internal reference .|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|