Games Jobs - Programming - Birmingham
|Job Title||Senior Programmers|
|Job Description||My client is proud of their heritage; they have some of the most talented developers in the industry and want to add to what is already a family of great minds. You see….. it’s more than just making great games, they encourage creativity, people to think outside the box, they nurture talent and really want to help people grow in their roles.
Their racing studio houses award winning developers who have created some of the best racing titles to date. And with an exciting future ahead there has never been a better time to join their family of talented developers!
General Overview of the position:
- To support the Producer in the technical development of quality products using internal development teams, from initial design to final commercial mastering, within agreed schedules and costs.
Main duties and responsibilities:
-Regular appraisal, review and objective setting for programming
- Ensure good communication & coordination between the programming and other parts of the team (art, level design, design, production)
Recommend training requirements for own programming team.
- Assist with recruitment and selection of staff for own team.
- Liaise with external service providers as required.
- Prepare task schedules for programming team in conjunction with Programmers, other Leads, Producers and Project Planning Manager.
- Monitor and progress tasks schedules for programming team in conjunction with Producer & Project - Planning manager as appropriate.
- Identify and review task risks, recommend and help implement mitigation and contingencies.
- Responsible for production of technical specifications (Technical Design) based on the game design document for the project.
- Be involved in the design process, offering advice & information from a technical perspective.
- Liaise with QA and compatibility departments & aid in testing plan.
Procedures and Standards:
- Ensure good coding standards are set and achieved across the team.
- Minimum of 3 years games experience with familiarity with development processes and low level programming
- Management and project planning experience
- Experience of building business relations
If you are interested in this excellent vacancy contact Andy Jenkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 01709 834777
|More||View other Aardvark Swift jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Aardvark Swift using their internal reference 9554.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|