||Senior Character Artist
||Are you an experienced Character Artist? Have you worked on at least one AAA Console title?
The primary role of this position is to create realistic photo-real characters for our projects ensuring that all artwork meets the art direction requirements of the game whilst adhering to any technical restrictions. You will also be responsible for helping to define both the quality bar and optimal workflows for asset generation.
- Experience as a character artist working on at least one AAA title.
- In-depth understanding and practical experience of high-end character modelling sculpting and PBR materials.
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to create photo-realistic character models both at high and low resolutions.
- Experience using the Unreal Engine would be an advantage but not a necessity.
- Some experience in a Lead capacity would also be an advantage.
KEY SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The main routine tasks of this position are:
- Using production design art packs and concept art to create highly detailed character models.
- Highly accurate modelling with superb attention to detail.
- Working closely with the art team to improve workflows and processes.
- Taking ownership of larger art tasks and seeing them through to completion.
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as lighting and VFX artists graphics programmers and level designers to create a AAA game experience.
- Substance Painter / Designer is an advantage.
- Additional knowledge of other material/surface tools such as Quixel Mudbox or 3D Coat would be an advantage.
- In-depth understanding of human and animal anatomy including muscle positions (origin and insertion) bones and proportion.
- Good understanding of game topology including edge flow and correct mesh creation for animation.
- Good understanding of the language of cloth.
- Excellent traditional art skills.
THE CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE
- A drive to constantly push art quality and try out new ideas.
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent communication presentation and negotiation skills.
YOU ALSO NEED TO BE:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Team focussed
- Creative and innovative
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an amazing studio with a supportive inclusive and friendly team culture who celebrate and nurture talent.
Please click apply or contact Kim Hunt on 01925 839730 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
||"£45,000 - £55,000 DOE"
||Art / Animation
||View other Amiqus Games jobs
This job is advertised on behalf of Amiqus Games using their internal reference e0c47333-a6ab-4288-be1e-e20b4dc4fb9a.
|Login or register to apply