Gameplay Programmer C++ - AAA title (PS5) - Liverpool or Remote (UK)
Games Jobs - Programming - Liverpool
|Job Title||Gameplay Programmer C++ - AAA title (PS5) - Liverpool or Remote (UK)|
|Job Description||We are seeking an experienced Gameplay Programmer to join a double Golden Joystick nominated studio based in Liverpool to be a core part of a an experienced team total studio headcount is approx. 160 on an incredibly exciting new AAA PS5 title.
The position can be remote (UK) or when circumstances allow onsite in Liverpool your choice! It’s a chance to get in at the early stages of a game and contribute to the shape and direction they take. You will be responsible for authoring core game mechanics and making gameplay feel solid robust and satisfying. You're likely to have a hand in a broad range of disciplines from core player interactions to AI animation state machines UI and physics as well having responsibility for stitching everything together into a cohesive polished whole. You'll work very closely with the whole of the team especially with designers and the game director to iterate evolve and polish gameplay elements to the highest quality possible.
You will get to work with a dedicated and talented team that has delivered some amazing quality titles. Come and join this successful stable and expanding studio and create a game that’s guaranteed to be massive hit across the globe!
Key responsibilities: -
• Prototype implement iterate and polish new and existing gameplay mechanics and associated systems.
• Produce robust efficient clear and maintainable code while striving to reduce technical debt across the game.
• Respond to design feedback to help meet the creative vision of the game.
• Provide constructive input to and feedback on designs during initial design prototyping iteration and polish stages.
• Be a point of contact for designers artists and other coders with regards to the systems you create and maintain.
• Strong knowledge of and experience working in C++.
• Confidence working with 3D maths (vectors matrices linear algebra).
• General software engineering knowledge (OOP design patterns API development).
• Experience profiling and optimising CPU performance of real-time systems.
• Experience debugging issues in large and complex codebases.
• An intuition of and interest in 'game feel'.
A willingness and desire to learn adapt and work outside of your comfort zone.
• Approachable with a proactive attitude towards cross-discipline communication.
• At least three years of experience in a similar role ideally with at least one shipped title.
Salary dependent on experience. CVs to email@example.com
|Salary||"Dependent on experience"|
|More||View other Amiqus Games jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Amiqus Games using their internal reference bf43ccd1-4fad-4e51-8c6b-2af270e51b6d.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|