||Are you a Lead or Senior Gameplay Programmer, who is interested in working for a world class company in a fun, and rewarding environment in Australia?
Amiqus have partnered with a leader in the development and publishing of mobile games. Over the years they have established themselves as one of the top innovators in its field, with two of their titles featuring in the “Top 10 Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie.
You will be responsible for;
- Work closely with designers in the creation of detailed feature specifications
- Take ownership of gameplay features
- Design and implement robust and innovative solutions to technical and creative challenges
- Write clean, robust, reusable code and create documentation where required
- Take active role in providing time estimates and task breakdowns for project requirements
- Help meet functionality, scope control, fun factor, and performance requirements
- Provide technical input to other programmers and mentor junior programmers as appropriate
- Experience with debugging- diagnosing and fixing code
- Work independently as well as with other departments
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Related experience and a proven track record with shipped game titles
- Ability to construct well engineered and maintainable software using C#/C++
- Expert at the design and development of advanced AI/Gameplay systems
- Strong 3D math skills
- Ability to debug complex systems and low level software
- Ability to quickly familiarize yourself to work with a large existing codebase
- Ability to rapidly prototype as well as producing final code
- Demonstrable skill at optimizing software for speed and memory efficiency
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organizational and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of console game development and multiplayer development
- Passion for making and playing great games
- Xamarin/mono is a plus
- Experience with Unity is a plus
- BONUS SKILLS:
- Open minded and outward focused
- Good critical sense
- Organised and efficient
- Able to work unsupervised and/or under pressure
This is an incredible opportunity to work with talented people who are industry pioneers, offering a generous basic salary, along with fantastic benefits including;
- Full support to gain sponsored visas to work in Australia.
- Assistance with flights
- Assistance with relocation/moving costs
- Relaxed game environment with a team headcount of approximately 60 permanent team members. You will work with experienced and passionate game makers.
- The studio is close to the central train station and other transport links
- Social events are organised on a quarterly basis including of course a big Christmas party.
- Free breakfast cereals, fruit, professional coffee machine, lollies, pretzels and beer o’clock on Fridays.
Please click apply or contact Kim Hunt on 01925 839730 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.