||Lead Game Designer
||Are you an experienced mobile games designer? Have you shipped a F2P title? Are you looking for a new exciting project to lead?
Amiqus have partnered with a London based mobile game developer who have already established a huge fan base (over 5 million) through their incredibly popular Snapchat channel.
They are now looking for a Lead Game Designer to help them create a world class narrative led puzzle game for mobile.
Currently they are a small product team so you would have a high degree of autonomy and impact on the business. The content team are based in sunny Venice Los Angeles which you will no doubt visit on work trips (you may even bump into Arnie who works out at the gym around the corner!!).
What you'll do;
- Design flexible scalable and maintainable game systems that are fun and engaging
- Core loops
- Progression systems
- Story flow
- Player pacing
- Social loops events and referral systems
- Currency and reward systems to drive the economy
- User account creation and FTUE flows
- During live ops
- Optimising player journeys
- Make adjustments to the game experience based on data
- Design new features to make the game more fun
- Overseeing QA and play testing
- Lead the creation of full game design documentation for assigned projects
- Lead analogue/digital prototyping sessions during pre-production to prove out initial vision
- Identify and prioritise required feature specifications and set the standard for these specs
- Manage regular internal testing sessions on projects both with the London and LA studios and using this data to influence future design
- Have a strong understanding of product-focused industry trends to the extent you are confident leading the design and balance of the meta-systems and economies that sit behind our game
- Create and approve high level overviews of new designs and concepts to quickly convey ideas
- Work closely with Design Engineering and Content teams to make project critical decisions that ensure game quality is maintained without jeopardising the delivery of game milestones
- We are seeking an experienced game designer who can jump in and immediately get their hands dirty. Ideally you should have:
- 5+ years game design experience within a studio environment (with at least 3+ years focused on Free-to-Play development)
- Exceptional understanding of game structure and systems
- Exceptional ability to produce clear and workable documentation
- Wide knowledge base of past and present games across all genres
- Able to communicate your ideas clearly concisely and efficiently
- Adaptable and able to quickly pick-up new skills and ways of working
- Comfortable working closely with others and looking after creative teams
- It is important to note that this role will predominantly focus on free to play titles – and it is vital that you have a clear passion
- understanding and experience in developing free-to-play games.
- You have launched multiple mobile titles each netting in excess of 1M DAU
- You'll be based in London but happy to travel to LA occasionally
This is a fantastic opportunity with a generous salary on offer.
Please click apply or contact Kim Hunt on 01925 839730 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more
||View other Amiqus Games jobs
This job is advertised on behalf of Amiqus Games using their internal reference a95d248f-9e74-4d68-b185-719f46ecb2c3.
|Login or register to apply