German Speaking Senior Linux System Engineer Wanted Mobile Games Germany
Games Jobs - Programming - UK & Europe
|Job Title||German Speaking Senior Linux System Engineer Wanted Mobile Games Germany|
|Job Category||Network / Online / Server,Database / SQL|
|Job Description||This well established mobile game studio based in Berlin is looking for a senior linux system engineer. You will actively help to shape an exciting
area of our company. You will act as an intermediary between different teams and support the development of our in-house IT systems and services.
What will your role be?
· Modify, expand, monitor, update and maintain our IT systems and services incl. server infrastructure, server hardware (such as Xen and above) as well as desktop operating systems
· Administer desktop operating systems (Linux, Windows and OSX) and program
installations via software deployment systems
· Point of contact for provisioning, installation and troubleshooting of server services
· Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd level help-desk support for our team members
· Coordinate change requests and hardware replacements with external service providers
· Be responsible for the order management of new software, hardware and other devices
· Analyze and address any security risks
Who you are
· Completed (university) degree in the field of Technical Informatics, Computer Science or simila
· 5+ years of working experience as System Administrator with Linux operating systems (preferably CentOS and Ubuntu) as well as webserver (Apache and nginx)
· Experience with mail systems (Postfix/qmail, Dovecot or similar) and Customer Service Tools (Asterisk and OTRS)
· Windows Domain knowledge (AD/LDAP)
· Profound scripting experience with Bash and Python, experience with Perl is a bonus
· Hands-on knowledge of relational databases including PostgreSQL and MySQL*
· Very good understanding of virtualization technologies (XEN, KVM, HyperV etc.) and Storage Systems (FreeNAS, NetApp or similar)*
· Deep knowledge of automation and orchestration with configuration management tools (like Ansible) and experience with monitoring tools (Nagios/Icinga etc.)
· Experience with Atlassian products (like JIRA and Confluence) would be an advantage*
· Self-organized and structured working style
· Fluent English is mandatory, and good knowledge of German
Please email me your CV as a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org qutoing reference 1010.
We are an equal opportunities recruitment agency and do not discriminate.
|Location||UK & Europe|
|More||View other Big Planet jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Big Planet using their internal reference 1010.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|