At Bongfish, developers help craft incredible games that combine state-of-the-art technology with deep gameplay. With a high-tech approach to game development, the company has more than 10 years of experience working with some of the top game publishers in the industry on console, mobile and PC platforms.
As a junior game designer, you will work on established games as well as bring fresh ideas from the conception & prototyping to the balancing phase.
In your new role, you will:
- Immerse yourself in the vision of a game and work on building and improving it for its audience
- Analyse, envision and design deep game systems
- Own features from start to end and balance the needs of a large team in different fields
- Improve user experiences by reading data and getting feedback
- Create and maintain design documentations and help the team implement and test them
- Communicate with customers to get information and execute on their ideas
- You can provide at least 1 video game prototype, board game, game concept or game in-depth analysis/review for evaluation
- You have a passion for games and interactive media
- You are familiar with a wide range of different genres and relentlessly keep track of new trends on the games market
- You are organised nature and document and communicate ideas in a clear manner
- You understand the various fields in game development, especially user experience
- You are able to give and receive feedback, and adapt or discard own ideas
WHY JOIN US?
- You might not know it because we don't advertise much, but we offer a stable work environment while working on AAA games played by millions.
- When we ask our team what they like most here, they say: their colleagues, the culture and work conditions, their role and living their passion for games - is this something you can relate to?
- We care about each other, which means we offer work-life balance, the opportunity to develop, and the flexibility to accommodate personal situations.
- Our team is composed of 15 different nationalities, so English is our main language in the office.
- We share a straightforward mindset: be pragmatic, focus on the goal, and keep cool.
- Our HQ is situated in Graz, Austria, a hidden gem between the Mediterranean Sea and the Alps, with an extraordinary high quality of life.
- A competitive salary based on experience and qualiﬁcations*
*The remuneration for the position advertised above is fixed by Austrian collective agreement. The effective salary depends on qualification and experience and may be significantly higher.