||This is a technical support and engineering role which involves providing desktop support to users, while also working on engineering projects within the IT department.
The IT Support Engineer will be expected to split their time between desktop support and engineering as needed, providing mentorship to the IT Support Technician and support the IT Systems Engineer. The role reports to the IT Manager and is part of the IT department at Build A Rocket Boy Games Kft.
- Provide first and second line technical support to users.
- Support the IT Engineering team in the research, implementation and maintenance of new and existing infrastructure.
- Provide guidance and ownership on the delivery of day-to-day IT administrative tasks, such as user management, new start onboarding and hardware diagnosis and repair.
- Manage your time effectively to support the IT department in both a desktop and engineering capacity.
- Perform administrative and configuration tasks on network hardware such as firewalls, switches and NAS.
- Work with both desktop and server-grade hardware throughout the studio, diagnosing, replacing or upgrading components as necessary.
- Document and maintain internal IT procedures.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in a technical support role.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills in English (both written and spoken).
- Ability to learn and acquire knowledge of new technologies quickly and effectively.
- Some level of professional exposure to IT systems and infrastructure is a plus.
- Experience managing competing priorities and deadlines while remaining focused.
- Significant experience in solving problems with Windows-based operating systems.
- A strong customer service focus and mindset.
- General familiarity with and awareness of gaming hardware is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with Linux and MacOS is a plus.