||We are looking for a talented Web Designer to create amazing user experiences. The Web Designer position, reporting to the Art Director, is a vital role at Build A Rocket Boy Games Ltd. This position is the key point person for all web design activities at the studio. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web design. They should also have superior user interface design skills. A successful candidate will be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artefacts. They will be able to transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs.
- Conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Implement and maintain high-quality SEO policies and incorporate them with content produced for the website.
- Create PSDs for visual layout of web pages and convert each design into HTML and CSS.
- Remove any “dead” links immediately and respond to issues with site functionality.
- Create mock-ups for proposed project pages and update them as needed.
- Provide ongoing account, business or production management support as needed.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Maintain and update all JQuery plugins for website.
- Proven work experience as a web designer.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Knowledge of WordPress standards and features.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies.
- Knowledge of content marketing a plus.
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or a Visual Arts subject.