||This role will support our Total War Infrastructure Team across a range of titles that are currently in development; including DLC for existing releases and new projects in development.
As part of the QA service function, you will report into the Infrastructure team and support our Infrastructure programmers by being responsible for the overlap between development and IT support. This work will involve servicing requests both internally from the Engine team and externally from the various game teams that we support.
As a Build Technician, your responsibilities will include monitoring and maintaining our build infrastructure. This consists of our internal build and continuous integration systems. It is always critical for us to service our developers and content creators with builds. In this role you will ensure our build servers are always up to date and online.
You will be responsible for maintaining our autotest system; including live crash monitoring, server maintenance and test configuration. You will work with our programmers to improve our systems and develop scripts which automate our workflows and tests.
This team also looks after configuration of our games on distribution platforms like steam, managing the creation of ISOs and managing game and date deployment to these platforms.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and systems configuration
- Knowledge of Steam and game platforms from a development perspective
- Understanding of build and continuous integration systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relay important information in the most suited format
- Proficient time management and organisational skills, able to handle multiple tasks and meet set deadlines and priorities
- Ability to follow set process and a pragmatic approach when investigating issues
- Experience using Jira, Perforce and PowerBi
- Understanding of development pipelines, processes and the various disciplines involved
- Keen interest in IT infrastructure
- Dev Ops experience
- Python/Lua Scripting experience
- Experience managing Windows servers including maintenance and operational running
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.