||Our world-class Total War team are seeking a Graduate Programmer for a unique development opportunity to join us for a one-year placement.
During your time with us, you will be working closely with the AI team (programmers, designers and QA) to further develop the AI tool set and infrastructure used to help balance and refine the AI of Total War games.
As a Graduate Programmer, you will be mentored by our senior developers as you work on our projects. Your mentor will assist you in acquiring the necessary knowledge so you can develop your programming skills to their full potential. Your mentor will also review your changes, and advise you on changes, until they are up to the high standards we set for our work.
You will be expected to write clean, well-commented and re-usable code, adhering to the company’s high-quality programming standards and development process. As you become more accomplished in your area of development, your mentor will lead you to becoming involved in the planning process and you will have the chance to add useful ideas to the work and make a real difference for our players.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- A good BSc or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Maths, Computer Science or Engineering
- Ability to programme in C++ to a good standard
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to clearly communicate and work with different team members across the team
- Attention to detail and a passion for quality in your work
- Passion for games and awareness of RTS titles
- A portfolio of hobby and/or academic projects (not necessarily games related) or some professional experience (not necessarily games related)
- Experience with Qt
The traineeship will be a full time, one-year fixed term contract onsite at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
These traineeships are paid placements and all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.