||We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced gameplay programmer to join our multi award winning Total War team.
You will be working alongside the battle code and design team to push the boundaries of Total War battles, and strive to make them better than ever before. This is an excellent opportunity to work on the next Total War title and put your personal stamp on the battle engine.
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer, you will be working with the current Total War battle team. Along with the design team, you will work to improve existing gameplay and craft new and compelling features for future Total War titles. In this role, you will learn the sizeable codebase we have and oversee the architecture of future developments, contributing to a roadmap of future game development.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent C++ programming skillset
- High level of analytical and mathematical ability
- Have relevant experience as a gameplay programmer
- Excellent communication skills to enable effective collaboration with programmers, designers, artists, animators and production staff
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, identifying risks before they become a problem, looking for was to improve workflow and the codebase itself
- Good academic background with a 2:1 degree or higher (or equivalent) in a relevant technical field such as computer science, software engineering, mathematics or physics
- Excellent mathematical and analytical ability
- Passion for games
- Experience developing gameplay systems for real-time strategy (RTS) games or similar
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms common to game AI, such as finite state machines, agent systems, pathfinding etc
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design
- Keen player of games, ideally including Total War
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.