||Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile Lead Artist to join its development team in Oslo, Norway.
As Lead Artist you will be working closely with the Art Director and Creative Director to establish the vision and define the look and feel of a new unannounced game. You will also work closely with the team’s designers and artists to provide visual solutions to design challenges and create finished assets. The Lead Artist will manage a team of artists and should wear many hats on a small, agile team.
The first project for this position will be on a new open-world multiplayer game that is in early concepting stage, to enter pre-production in Q4 2018.
- Collaborate with Producers, Leads, and other managers to assemble a quality art team
- Responsible for leading, mentoring and developing the art team to create high-quality, optimised visuals and deliver a successful project on time
- Assist the Producer and the Leads in the creation and overall management of the art schedule and resource plans
- Help establish the visual identity for an unannounced project
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products
- Worked on a minimum of 2 shipped titles as a Senior/Lead demonstrating a high visual bar for quality
- At least 5 years prior game industry experience
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-oriented attitude
- Formal art education/qualification, with a foundation in traditional and digital art creation
- Working knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya/Zbrush
- Understanding of PBR workflow and or Substance Designer/Painter
- Good level of demonstrable Unreal experience
- Console game experience with preferable optimization knowledge
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension plan
- Offices located smack in the middle of Oslo
- A studio with employees from more than 20 countries
- Social events and gatherings
- Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours etc.
- World class public healthcare
- Free public schools
- Modern infrastructure
- Excellent public transportation
- Fluent English speaking population
Make sure to check out our company values and history.