Funcom Inc. is looking for a talented External Producer to handle the management of the company’s publishing projects. The role’s responsibilities include the continuous communication with developers, the management of work pipelines, project finances, team management, internal and external resource management and the successful timely launch of the projects/titles.
- Oversee development of publishing projects by working with external developers and resources as the day-to-day point of contact.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve problems, juggle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively across a spectrum of Business, Creative, Technology, and External partners/personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Work with leadership to establish and maintain the product/game’s vision, feature set, scope, schedule and budget.
- Identify and fix bottlenecks, as well as clearing roadblocks both on the day-to-day and in the longer term.
- Act as primary point of contact with Marketing, PR, Sales, Operations, QA, Localization and other supporting departments.
- Use project management tools, production methodologies, and leadership level dialogue to maintain tight schedules and high standards of quality.
- Prepare Presentations on status for the Executive Team.
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Producer on an internal or external development teams within the video game industry.
- Experience shipping one PC/console titles as a Producer.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint.
- Experience as a Product Owner in an Agile environment.
- Open to nationally and internationally travel.
- Proficiency with project management & version control software tools such as JIRA and Perforce.
- A demonstrated understanding of various Production methodologies is required.
- Extensive Experience managing external developers/resources.
- Deep knowledge about game development processes for engineering and art.
- Scrum Master certification.
- Great employee benefits (Insurance package, vacation/sick days, etc)
- Possibility of advancement
- Dynamic and challenging work environment
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Funcom Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Funcom Inc. is looking for candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and this will be an onsite/full time position (no remote work).