Graduate / Junior Web Designer - Gamer Network
Games Jobs - Programming - Brighton
|Job Title||Graduate / Junior Web Designer - Gamer Network|
|Job Category||Web Developer,UI / Front End,Graduate Programmer|
|Job Description||Gamer Network are looking to hire a graduate or junior-level Web Designer to help design, build and maintain our popular, high-traffic editorial and event websites.
This role is ideal for a bright, talented and enthusiastic person with a hybrid / rounded skill set who is looking for a junior or entry-level role within the web development / design industry.
As we work in video games media and pop culture events, a personal interest in such things is always welcome, as a bonus.
Our ideal person:
- Has enthusiasm for designing, implementing, and maintaining websites.
- Has a good understanding of usability and information architecture.
- Can express their design ideas via wireframing and prototyping.
- Can realise their designs through code.
- Has great written and verbal communication
- Is articulate, friendly and approachable
Having any of these skills will increase your chances:
- Experience with responsive, mobile-first design
- Programming fluency in PHP, Python, or similar languages
- Proficiency with web design software (Sketch, XD, Photoshop)
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) techniques
What you’ll get out of it:-
- Fair pay.
- Experience working on popular, high-traffic websites that are read by millions.
- Access to an experienced team of designers and developers who will be happy to mentor you.
- A comfortable office environment located near the North Laine area of Brighton, with generous perks.
- Flexible working.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a link to any code samples, a GitHub account or any portfolio site that might show some of your previous projects.
About Gamer Network
Founded in 1999, Gamer Network publishes a range of video games websites including Eurogamer.net, the world's leading independent video games website with local editions in ten European languages.
The company publishes market-leading trade resource GamesIndustry.biz, renowned PC gaming site Rock, Paper, Shotgun, games sites VG247 and USG and popular YouTube channels such as Outside Xbox and Digital Foundry.
In addition to its online publications, Gamer Network produces live public events and trade shows including EGX, the UK's largest gaming event, and its sister event EGX Rezzed.
We are also part of the global ReedPOP team responsible for epic pop culture events such as PAX, New York Comic Con, MCM Comic Con, and more.
Please visit www.gamer-network.net to find out more.
|Salary||Based on Experience|
|More||View other Gamer Network jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Gamer Network using their internal reference GJWD19.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|