||Push Square, part of the Nlife team and a partner of Gamer Network, is looking for a Video Producer / Presenter to join our video team on the biggest PlayStation-centric news and reviews website in the world.
Our videos have found a large and appreciative audience so far, and we’re looking for the right candidate to continue this growth.
As a Video Producer / Presenter you will work closely with our editorial team to produce some of the best gaming videos on YouTube. As well as creating video content yourself you'll help shape our strategy in this area, selecting the most suitable games and the relevant approach for each on a case-by-case basis.
You will also be responsible for monitoring the performance of our video content – past and present – and helping optimise them for both users and YouTube search.
- Analysing and assessing video game releases across many popular genres to deliver detailed, clear, and concise video content under time constraints.
- Work with our editorial team to select the most suitable games, and the best approaches, structure, and content priorities for our videos.
- Maintain expert knowledge of the console industry, including carefully monitoring popularity of new and existing games on Sony’s digital storefronts.
- Manage your own production schedule to make sure your time is well spent and our videos are as complete as possible, as early as possible.
- Ensure that our videos are structured according to best practice for YouTube’s algorithm as well as being accessible to subscribers. Monitor their performance and adjust content where necessary to ensure they reach the broadest audience possible.
- Help develop a best practice for video content creation on Push Square.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A confident and accomplished presenting style, with an emphasis on clarity and economy, but also a personable and humorous tone.
- Ability to produce video content to the highest standards while under time pressure. Great attention to detail.
- A good understanding of YouTube search algorithms.
- Extensive knowledge of video games across a wide range of genres, with a particular focus on the highest-profile new releases and most-played games on PlayStation 4.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of determination and drive; excellent organisational skills and a methodical mindset.
- Positive attitude and a team mentality.
- Ability to adapt and take direction from our editorial team and Directors.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Good working knowledge of Video Editing Software (i.e. Final Cut / Adobe Premiere).
- Proficient in using graphic design packages such as PhotoShop to create attractive thumbnails.
- General familiarity with the video publishing environment.
- Knowledge of the games industry itself, with contacts or a clear interest in the sector.
- An existing expert knowledge with popular PlayStation franchises. Such as first-party Sony exclusives, or third-party games such as GTA, FIFA, Destiny, Call of Duty etc.
- Experience of managing a YouTube channel.
- An interest in the technology, entertainment, and lifestyle sectors in general.
- You would work remotely, therefore need space for a home studio for to-camera videos. Support/equipment may be available to help facilitate this.
- The majority of communication will be via Slack, email and Skype calls.
- Occasional face to face meetings in the Midlands, London or Brighton.
- Flexible working hours.
- 6-month contract initially, with scope for the role to become permanent.
If this sounds like a good opportunity for you, we’d love to hear from you!
Contact us by emailing ‘email@example.com’ with your CV and a cover letter along with some samples of your videos that you feel best match the above job description.
These video samples are the main thing we will be looking at to evaluate your application, along with your CV.
About Nlife Ltd
Nlife Media is an online media publishing company that specialises in creating vibrant and informative websites with a strong community-based focus. With a proven track record of success, our combined network of sites receives over 5 million unique visits and 15 million pageviews a month. We are partners of market-leading Gamer Network who act as an advertising sales arm globally across the network.