||As a Technical Director, you will drive technical planning and execution on a cross-functional development team to build, launch, and support AAA mobile games. You will lead the engineering component of the team and provide direction to technical leads. In this key leadership role, you will work closely with other product leaders and technical partners as the technical subject matter expert for the team. Technical Directors balance strategic and tactical direction to deliver and maintain stable, scalable, cost-effective games with focused innovations.
As a Technical Director you will be required to:
- Set project technical standards and policies, define a high-level architecture, processes and tools and technical budgets
- Accountable for the game’s technical design and implementation. Through production and support as a live service.
- Improving the performance of legacy codebases and infrastructure.
- Keep the team up-to-date with new technologies and improvements.
- Monitor and troubleshoot live service issues.
- Ensure the quality, performance, and stability of technical deliverables meet commitments
- Improve team efficiency by identifying bottlenecks and proposing solutions and automation.
- Identify and manage technical dependencies and risks
- Continuously review code, technical documentation and coding standards of the team
- Collaborate and manage partnerships with internal technical partners
- Implement and run release management for a live service
- Work as part of the product leadership team as well as Mentor
- Understand and help define the product vision and business needs
- Represent the project and team to stakeholders
- Balance technical, product, and business requirements with successful outcomes
- Mentor engineers to unlock higher potential skills to help create future technical leads.
- Empower and manage expectations for production & design
- Partner with Development Directors on development processes and project planning
- Conduct research necessary to achieve desired outcomes and evolve our technology
- Attractive salary and benefits, international, fun and professional working environment
- An open and honest culture where people are valued, treated fairly and trusted and empowered
- Flexible working hours, we work 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
- 13th salary and additional bonus every year
- Lunch allowance and free drinks (coffee, tea, etc)
- Health Insurance package
- Government social, health and unemployment insurance for Vietnamese staff
- Annual health check, annual flu vaccination
- Paid leave (12 days/year)
- A standing desk if you like; No dress code; Company trip
- Gym and Game room for everyone: We love board games, video games, PS4, ping pong, football tables, and many more!
- In-house classes: Kickboxing, Yoga, Zumba, BJJ
- For non-Vietnamese staff, support for making Vietnamese work permits, resident cards and others
- Salary range: Depending on level and experience
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience
- Experience with Unity, AWS is a must.
- Expertise in iOS and Android platform development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Leadership experience developing and launching games or running a large-scale live service
- Hands-On experience on designing solutions for system architecture and database.
- Solid knowledge of game application technology, design patterns, spanning client and server infrastructure
- Previous work experience on high DAU based games at a similar role will be a great plus.
- Strong negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills
- Prior experience with mobile development
- Distributed systems experience
- Experience working with remote teams and partners
Required Application Materials:
If you’re interested in this position, please feel free to send us your resume and Portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org