Games Jobs - Game Design - UK & Europe
|Job Category||Games Designer,Level Designer,Lead Designer,Graduate Game Designer|
|Job Description||Hello, we’re Glowmade! We’re a small, exciting company and the goal of our games is to unlock people's imagination and help them express themselves in wonderful, fun ways. Right now we’re busy building an unannounced game for PC and consoles about creating, exploring and the joy of discovery.
This is an opportunity to play a crucial role in our expanding team. Reporting to the company’s design director Mike Green, you’ll be working closely with him and helping the rest of the team bring the vision of the project to life, crafting awesome game features that will delight our players and excite those that spend time watching them. You are joining at a critical early stage of the project and will have the opportunity to influence the direction and implementation of key areas of the game.
From day one we would like you to...
- Jump headfirst into the project, understand the scope of the game and identify key areas where you think you can make a real difference.
- Be self-motivated towards solving creative problems and technical challenges, taking ownership of key parts of the game.
In six months you will be...
- Developing key technical systems to support our game and working with gameplay data to ensure they remain fun and balanced.
- Focused on the small details; understanding what makes a ‘fun’ feature and what is required to turn it into a highly focused and polished one.
- Happy jumping around key parts of the project, designing or iterating on a key feature on one day, to building a level or quest the next. Nothing is off limits for you.
The ideal candidate would…
- Have previous experience building satisfying and fun combat systems.
- Previous experience working on (or an intense love of) action RPG games.
- Be a great communicator, helping lead key game features across different disciplines, with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Previous experience as a level designer or a scripter.
- Experience working on a live product game.
- Programming or non-visual scripting experience.
- Ability to build whitebox assets using 3D packages such as Maya.
This is an opportunity for you to make a significant contribution not only to the game but to our team and the company. Everyone at Glowmade has a voice, and it’s important to us that you feel empowered and are given the time and space to use it.We’re based in Guildford, UK and so we’d really like to have you here with us onsite. We offer competitive wages and we are an actively equal opportunities employer. If all of the above sounds exciting and you think you can fill this pivotal role, please get in touch.
|Salary||Competitive, based on experience|
|Location||Guildford, UK & Europe|
|Job Category||Game Design|
|More||View other Glowmade jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Glowmade using their internal reference glowmade_designer_01_2019.|
|Login or register to apply||Login Register|