||Our client based in Central London, Produces Smartphone and tablet games. They are now looking to recruit a Creative Director
The main and routine tasks of the Creative Director are to:
- Collaborate with the producer and leads so as to define the game’s vision and scope;
- Understand the studios’s strategic intentions for the product and work towards achieving them;
- Define the vision and establish the foundations of the game (meaning, experience, context);
- Direct the work of the core team so that the project’s creative vision is included in all of the different aspects of production (artistic, design, and programming);
- Consistently validate the coherence and quality of the game(s);
- Be the spokesperson for the game’s vision within the team and for the press and corporate management;
- With the producer, determine the production scope priorities and eventual adjustments;
- Coordinate with marketing to make sure the products vision followed through into the marketing assets and other activities.
- To strategize & design creative, exciting & fresh gameplay & content for original & live games.
- To drive the design teams for making good prototypes & mastering the economic systems.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Creative Director or lead designer (experience in supervising a creative team a significant asset) or equivalent.
- Proven track record of successful releases on mobile.
- In depth knowledge of latest mobile games industry trends, free to play mechanics and UX are essential.
- Strong creative skills;
- Ability to listen to team members;
- Ability to communicate efficiently (spoken and written)
- Ability to make decisions;
- Ability to delegate and trust in the skills of others
- Be a positive leader
- You have more than 5 years of experience as a Creative Director or Lead Game Designer. Especially minimum 3-4 years of experience on mobile/Free to Play games.
- You have a credit of designing of successful game titles on mobile or social platforms.
- You are versatile, with a strong knowledge of video games of all genres especially mobile games & the market’s most popular titles.
- In depth knowledge of free to play mechanics and game systems
- Player demographics and what those players are looking for
- Current trends in F2P game design
- You are proficient in all aspects of mobile game design, including gameplay, level design, game structure, balancing, & reward systems.
- You know how to prototype your ideas using tools such as Photoshop, Flash, Sketch Up, 3ds Max, Unity, Blitz, etc.
- You have a strong ability to evaluate & analyze games & then provide meaningful feedback & guide the teams.
- You have a very clear understanding of business in the current market (monetization, social, acquisition, retention) & constantly provide direction to teams to push every game to its maximum potential.
- You are enthusiastic about new business models & learning about the links between traditional game design & economy game design.
- You are well-aware of classic console video games and their flagship titles.
Please contact Cassandra Donnelly on 01279 871330 firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position. Please forward your CV in a Word format. View Many More Interactive Selection Jobs
We are an equal opportunities recruitment agency that values diversity and does not discriminate. We encourage clients to welcome applicants from all backgrounds