||We are seeking an Information Technology Director who will be an integral member of the leadership team and will help design, socialize and implement overall IT strategy, vision and goals for development locations.
The director will oversee and participate in day-to-day IT infrastructure, game technologies, applications and support operations and will closely collaborate with business process owners to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions.
We are specifically looking for self-motivated candidates comfortable with taking ownership and providing leadership.
The IT Director has a dual reporting line inside the studio and to the Executive IT Director for the Global Division.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for enabling efficient and cost-effective technologies to provide a customer centric set of services.
- Evolve and promote the implementation of IT department vision, mission and goals
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Develop and maintain budget for IT group, as well as IT-related spending within project teams.
- Supervise existing IT team including conducting annual reviews, weekly face-to-face meetings, and other activities designed to ensure a smooth workflow.
- Ensure appropriate systems are in place to maintain a reliable and productive work environment for studio personnel.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with peers to stay abreast of industry trends.
- Provide hands-on technical skills (servers, network, storage, database, virtualization, cloud computing, firewall, security etc.) when required.
- Oversee negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements
- Demonstrable and relevant IT experience, including time served in a management position.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates’ degree and/or equivalent work experience required.
- Good understanding of game industry or software development technology processes.
- Extensive management and leadership experience.Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, sometimes geographically disparate collaborative environment.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development.
- ITIL (or similar) implementation and/or ITIL process improvement hands-on experience
- Solid understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Good understanding of contemporary IT concepts such as Cloud Computing and Business Process Automation.
- Will consider an CVs of IT Manager from the games industry.
- Liaise with parent company globally.
Previous games experience is essential for this role as well as working with cutting edge technology.
Please contact Cassandra Donnelly on 01279 871330 firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position. Please forward your CV in a Word format. View Many More Interactive Selection Jobs
We are an equal opportunities recruitment agency that values diversity and does not discriminate. We encourage clients to welcome applicants from all backgrounds