C++ Game Developer
Games Jobs - Programming - Cambridge
|Job Title||C++ Game Developer|
|Job Description||Important note: To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview. Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect. So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
You will be working on our C++ cross-platform client for Runescape, developing new features, supporting internal content development and maintaining existing technologies. You will be given responsibility for shaping significant portions of the game, working closely with artists, designers and other developers to support Runescape's continuing progression. You will need to foster a deep understanding of existing technologies while continually driving to enhance and change them. You will be influential within the team and be directly rewarded for the successes of the products. Candidates must have a deep and comprehensive understanding of all aspects of programming, primarily C++ (11/14) but ideally with some familiarity of Java and scripting languages. The ideal candidate would have past experience working on bespoke client/server game engines and proven experience working within the games industry. With both games proving great successes on mobile, familiarity with cross-platform development is a big plus.
• Programming using C++, defining those programming tasks, as well as working to service assigned and scheduled requests
• Defining and developing game systems, taking ownership of areas of the game client
• Enhancing and maintaining our existing game engine technology
• Being constantly proactive in finding ways to make our game client faster, leaner and more effective
• Contributing to overall project strategy. Be willing to put forward ideas, and to positively critique those put forward by others
• Build strong working relationships with team members and with other teams within the organisation
• Extremely proficient with C++
• Games experience with at least one launched title
• Experience working on a range of game engine systems
• Designed and fully implemented at least one major system in a commercial game
• A passion for innovating solutions and solving problems in a unique technology stack
• Ability to work well in a team and with others, good communication skills are essential
• Knowledge and appreciation of modern development practices
• Relevant qualification at degree level or equivalent experience
• Familiarity with Java
• Knowledge of other platforms including, but not limited to, Mac OS, Linux, iOS and Android
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Perl or similar
• Experience working on networked and MMO games
• Experience working on client/server games
• A passion for gaming and Runescape
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference fca379dd-bf11-4d4b-af8c-f6640a03f227.|
|Apply for this job|