Customer Service Specialist
Games Jobs - Community Management - Cambridge
|Job Title||Customer Service Specialist|
|Job Category||Customer Service|
|Job Description||Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we’re a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do.
We’ve welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve.
From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Jagex Games Studio is looking for two highly motivated and hard-working Customer Service Specialists to join our online Customer Service team based in Cambridge. The successful candidates will help us to deliver world-class customer support to our international online communities.
Successful applicants may be offered an extension to the contract at the end of the term or could be made a permanent employee, although this is not guaranteed and will be dependent on several factors, including future business requirements.
Our award winning Customer Service team does things a bit differently - we don’t follow scripts and we service our customers with the aim of a putting a smile on their face. We view this approach as more important than 'ticking boxes' and it ensures we maintain our focus on taking care of our community of players. Successful candidates will be fully trained on all our services over a period of about 4 weeks, with a dedicated mentor available throughout. Training is held in regular office hours Monday-Friday, culminating in a ‘graduation’ to your team and joining the associated shift patterns.
As well as traditional Customer Service, these roles will also be embedded in teams who look at the overall ‘Player Experience’ with the aim of identifying opportunities and bringing about continuous improvement. So an eye for detail, a logical approach, the ability to critique processes and some previous experience of ‘Customer Journey Mapping’ are all useful skills to have for these roles.
We also want people who are open to new ideas, play well with others and are passionate about giving great customer service every day. This role is crucial in ensuring that every interaction we have with a player increases their loyalty to our brand and creates advocates for our services and products.
As part of your role, you will:
- Process account recovery requests
- Answer customer queries by email and ticket
- Assist customers with account and payment issues
- ‘Player Experience’ continuous improvement initiatives
- Review player behaviour to support the moderation of our products
- Help customers on social media platforms (primarily Twitter)
- Reconcile payment disputes
WHAT WE NEED
- Excellent written English including the ability to craft messages that are positive, personal, professional, friendly and engaging
- Previous experience in some form of customer facing or support role
- Strong decision maker and able to apply sound judgement
- Ability to review information from a variety of sources and then make a great decision for the customer and the business
- A team player with a great work ethic
- Self-motivated and able to work largely unsupervised
- Willingness to receive and act on feedback to continuously improve personal performance
EVEN BETTER IF
- Background in online Customer Service or B2C roles in the games industry
- Experience of Customer Journey mapping / Value Stream Mapping
- Previous experience of ZenDesk Support Ticket System
- Awareness of common ‘self-help’ tech resolution steps/processes for Internet users
- Good understanding of Internet account security issues including 2FA, phishing, proxy use and Doxing
- Tolerance for exposure to inappropriate language and behaviour occasionally shown by people online – including viewing unfiltered player chat logs
- Good / advanced understanding of the history, mechanics and game play of ‘RuneScape’
Full Time: 39.5 hours a week
We offer flexible working with the option to choose the shifts you wish to work in advance (subject to operational requirements). The shifts are 8 working hours, the majority of which fall into a regular ‘office day’. Due to the nature of our global customer base, there is a need for some limited unsocial shifts arranged in advance, typically this will mean occasional late shift working until 10pm and some weekend days.
Shortlisted candidates must be prepared to attend an unpaid assessment day, of about 5 hours, at the studio in Cambridge. You will be part of a competitive process against other candidates and will be asked to perform individual and team tasks as well as participate in a formal interview.
Before applying, please note:
- The position will be based at our offices in Cambridge, UK
- Applicants must be legally able to work in the UK
- We are unable to offer any assistance with work visas or relocation expenses for this position
- The successful applicant must be able to supply 2 references on request
- Any successful applicant offer will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
|Location||220 Science Park, Cambridge|
|Job Category||Community Management|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 2018-1586.|
|Apply for this job|