Executive Producer - Old School RuneScape
Games Jobs - Production - Cambridge
|Job Title||Executive Producer - Old School RuneScape|
|Job Description||Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we’re a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do. We’ve welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve. From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest. Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
The Executive Producer at Jagex embodies our values and demonstrates them to their teams. They balance an obsession with our players with our company needs by being creative in their approach but rigorously scientific in confirming any hypothesis, but above all else they guide and support their teams through change by demonstrating courage in the vision for where the game is going.
This role is responsible for the growth, P&L, and roadmap for one of our most successful and critically acclaimed titles, RuneScape Old School. The role maintains oversight of all department leads involved in the project and is responsible for ensuring the identification and communication of the product's vision, goals, progress, quality, and risks. The EP will be vital in aligning creative direction, business demands, and production process across their team to ensure we continue to deliver the best possible experience for our Old School player base.
This critical role will provide a challenge that comes with overseeing a hugely successful and profitable title.
You will work in an innovative and fast paced environment, directly receiving and obsessing over feedback from players, coupling that with the breadth of experience in the team to make key, bold and creative development decisions and always understanding the heartbeat of the game to confirm those decisions are working. Guiding and directing a title which leads, and epitomises the definition of a community driven game for the world’s most player obsessed gaming company, you will be tasked with ensuring that player needs, team creativity, player behaviour data, and the needs of our business are all weighed and balanced in order to drive our roadmap and growth.
We would like to find someone that can lead a team to deliver quality content at a rapid pace, ensuring we meet our weekly release schedule, the backbone of RuneScape’s success, while maintaining the highest level of quality for all deliverables. You are commercially astute, agile, proactive and great at driving projects. You can understand the needs of the environment and adapt your wealth of knowledge to meet those demands.
The Executive Producer will bring unrivalled expertise to the RuneScape leadership group and help us extend the game's success to new heights. You will implement and drive best practices, operational excellence, innovation, and quality and lead your team through the change with courage.
- Lead and motivate the RuneScape Old School team, keeping a continuous focus on achieving goals and objectives.
- Lead and manage a team of leads and producers to ensure the continued operation of live titles.
- Responsible for managing the product teams and development process to deliver content updates against the plans and schedules.
- Utilize experience to push and advance how the teams operate to help create a modern development environment.
- Maintain a high level of quality and user experience by working closely with all teams and leads.
- Articulate goals and strategy to the team, ensuring development efforts are aligned.
- Foster a culture of innovation, to encourage new and compelling content.
- Oversee the review, comments and approval of milestone submissions.
- Develop strong relationships to establish and maintain a reliable and timely flow of information and materials to all parties as necessary.
- Represent Production concerns for assigned projects during plan development and ongoing green-light meetings.
- Identify and communicate roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals.
- Provide and drive an inspiring product vision while upholding a high expected level of quality for all deliverables.
- Significant professional experience as a Senior Producer, Game Lead, Product Lead, or Senior Product Manager in the gaming industry.
- Experience in PC client game production and management across multiple titles and business models.
- Experience in Live Operations on a successful product.
- Experience orchestrating work across programming, art, and design disciplines
- Experience with modern development methodologies (e.g. Agile) and milestone/greenlight methodologies for development project management.
- Excellent knowledge of online Free-to-Play games.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Passion for games and desire to create fun and engaging online experiences.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong mathematical, statistics, and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in an business management, engineering, or computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communicator in speech and writing.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to keep cool when under a great deal of pressure.
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
|Location||220 Science Park, Cambridge|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 2018-1564.|
|Apply for this job|