IT Product Owner
Games Jobs - IT / Technical Support - Cambridge
|Job Title||IT Product Owner|
|Job Category||IT / Technical Support|
|Job Description||Important note: To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview. Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect. So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Job Purpose: Product Owner, and Services Manager, of Development Services and Live Infrastructure at Jagex. As the person accountable for the definition (the “what”) of Development and Operational IT services at Jagex, you will be the primary liaison between business stakeholders and Ops engineering teams. You will develop an intimate understanding, and anticipation, of the business's IT needs and requirements. You will manage the Ops backlog - prioritising the delivery of services that best meet business requirements, and repriortising was business needs change. You will facilitate conversation between Ops engineers and business stakeholders, clarifying requirements where there is ambiguity, and enabling the Ops engineering teams to deliver highly valued services. You will work with engineering teams to plan the delivery of those services and will oversee development. You will identify tech strategies focused on outcomes not solutions which you can prioritize into deliverable goals. You will continually look at ways to reduce waste and to enhance the service you provide. You will work transparently in all these things – updating stakeholders on delivery estimates, maintaining project documentation, building roadmaps to visualise delivery timelines, and, at all times, holding the Company’s needs to be of paramount importance.
• Accountable for the Catalogue of Development and Operational Services
• Accountable for defining, and meeting, Service Level Objectives for Development Services and Operational Infrastructure at Jagex
• Accountable (and Responsible) for taking Ops projects through Exploration, Discovery and Inception, and Accountable for making the work ready for engineers to start Delivery
• Consulted on the delivery of Ops projects
• Responsible for managing internal customers of Development Systems and Operational Infrastructure
• Responsible for managing your service budget
• Managing backlogs and capturing and translating user needs into deliverables
• Accountable (and Responsible) for managing the priority of Ops Deliverables
• A broad/general technical understanding of AWS, linux, networks, databases and SAN ( you do not need to be an expert in these areas )
• A good understanding of common development practices, and the types of requirements that developers place on IT systems
• Large amounts of experience hosting live services
• Experience developing long term vision and objectives; plus seeing them through until delivery
• Possess a naturally empathetic demeanor for your customers
• Ability to coach and lead teams in Agile and Lean practices
• Skilled in product management principles and approaches
• Experience in managing budgets and service lifecycles
• A good understanding of information security principles, and PCI-DSS compliancy requirements
• Experience of working in a high technology company, or other creative industry
• Excellent communication and team-working skills
• Excellent customer management skills
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||IT / Technical Support|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 83edb344-54d6-49b1-814d-c8ce96bcd4c2.|
|Apply for this job|