Principal QA Engineer
Games Jobs - QA / Localisation - Cambridge
|Job Title||Principal QA Engineer|
|Job Category||QA / Localisation|
|Job Description||Important note: To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview. Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect. So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
OverviewJagex Ltd, the UK's largest developer and publisher of online games, is looking for a talented Principal QA Engineer to join our Quality Assurance Department. The Principal QA Engineer drives the execution of the QA plan. They work closely with the QA Manager to formulate the best QA approach, provide hands-on technical and practical QA know-how, and advise the QA Manager so they can make decisions. On the same responsibility level as QA Lead.
Reports to the QA Manager.
• Be recognized as an authority in the area of functional testing.
• Work with other Principal QA Engineers to develop QA excellence across the department.
• Schedule and help direct in-house and outsource QA Analyst against the QA product plan.
• Develop training plans for your team to remove skill gaps. Skilled in creating documentation and tutorials.
• Participating in Story, Design and Technical reviews.
• Responsible for owning the QA risk register and providing mitigation ideas to the QA Manager.
• Deputising for the QA Manager with decision-making capability.
• Hands-on testing of our most critical and technical game systems.
• Own test cases for a product including best practises depth, organisation, quality and reporting methods.
• Work with production and product leaders to assess development practises which impact QA e.g. build pipelines.
• Ensures all defects being entered by in-house and outsource teams are being entered at the correct standard.
• Take on challenging test items such as Compliance, Performance, Load, and External SDKs.
• Liaise closely with the Techincal QA team on engine work.
• Monitor the deliverables of outsource teams and track task completion.
• Propose additional QA tools or debug commands to improve manual QA activities.
• A consistent record showing strong leadership and communication.
• Expert knowledge of JIRA including JQL queries, gadgets and dashboard creation.
• Technical expertise in client-side testing.
• Strong grasp of technical problems within games QA e.g. server vs client, branch integrations, metadata, network, API, or Compliance.
• Experienced with agile methodologies and has worked first hand in a sprint framework.
• Excellent verbal and written communication backed up with a proactive approach to knowledge sharing. Document as you go.
• Awareness of mobile games market on iOS and Android.
• ISTQB certifications
• Familiarity with scripting automated tests using an existing framework e.g. Appium
• You have previous test experience on MMO’s, sandbox or ARPGs.
• You have a computing or games related degree.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||QA / Localisation|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 9e254d52-0384-46da-8150-237546b37943.|
|Apply for this job|