QA Analyst - FTC
Games Jobs - QA / Localisation - Cambridge
|Job Title||QA Analyst - FTC|
|Job Category||QA / Localisation|
|Job Description||Important note: To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview. Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect. So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
• Take QA ownership of one or more game features from inception through to release, under the mentorship of the QA Manager and other QA team members in collaboration with the wider development team.
• Conducting various QA services to a high standard (Functionality, Development and Static Testing).
• Evaluate test requirements, design test plans and execute test cases utilising our in-house test case creation software.
• Report defects you identify to an exceptional standard using JIRA.
• Analyse content and give objective feedback in verbal and written form.
• Participate in weekly department playtests with the rest of the QA Department.
• Work in a SCRUM team made up of talented multi-disciplined individuals. Represent QA.
• Highlight risks regularly and provides mitigation solutions to the development team.
• Conducting root cause analysis to enhance the quality of the assigned product. Learn from previous releases.
• Meeting deadlines and delivering projects on time to an excellent standard.
• Actively promote a collective responsibility of quality across development, ensuring defects are found as early as possible.
• Transition to other studio projects to assist the wider QA effort and provide the group with flexibility.
• Prior QA experience working within a development studio, ideally on live-service titles and/ or titles with frequent post-release updates (such as DLC).
• Excellent verbal and written communication, ability to report concisely and to create presentations/ demos.
• Demonstrates a proactive approach to knowledge sharing and best practise, both within QA and the wider organisation.
• Adaptable to learning new skills and QA processes.
• Passionate about improving the quality process and strives and shows initiative for continuous improvement individually, across the QA team and the wider development team.
• Capable of working to an excellent standard in a high-pressured environment.
• Excellent time management skills, able to prioritise workload to changing business priorities, raising workload issues where required as early as possible.
• Previous project experience with bug databases, preferably JIRA.
• Showing excellence in conducting both structured and non-structured testing.
• Familiarity with source control or continuous integration systems used within development teams, such as GIT or Perforce.
• You have previous test experience on MMO’s, sandbox or ARPGs.
• Familiarity with iOS and Android operating systems and hardware.
• Exposure and use of development environments such as Xcode, Visual Studio, Android SDK, Unity, Unreal etc.
• Exposure or appreciation of other forms of non-functional test techniques, such as compatibility testing, compliance testing, localisation testing etc.
• You have direct game experience with our products.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||QA / Localisation|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference a77eff40-c56e-4a27-a6bb-4f9f74e4b3d2.|
|Apply for this job|