Games Jobs - QA / Localisation - Cambridge
|Job Title||QA Analyst|
|Job Category||QA / Localisation|
|Job Description||Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we’re a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do.
We’ve welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve.
From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Jagex Games Studio is looking for a talented QA Analyst to join our team in Cambridge, UK on our award-winning games development teams. You will benefit from working in a highly talented team with QA veterans of over 10 years and be part of a growing business which has rewarding opportunities. The role offers an excellent learning environment with opportunity to work on multiple games which is complimented by a competitive salary on a fixed term contract, with opportunity to extend.
You should have a methodical and artistic approach to viewing games. While embedded within the development team you will directly impact content design by giving qualitative feedback on game mechanics and balancing with the aim to push out the best possible content to millions of our players world-wide. QA Analysts at Jagex are given the opportunity to extend their reach beyond testing to play important parts in design, project management and where skills allow even content development.
QA Analysts should be motivated and passionate gamers with a high attention to detail. The candidate should still be capable of mastering game mechanics quickly and should have at least 1 year of testing experience as a QA Analyst. We are looking for interesting and creative people who revel in solving unique and interesting problems daily to join us, with successful candidates being able to sniff out game breaking bugs, exploits and gameplay flaws; before they reach our players.
As part of your role, you will:
- Conduct various QA services to a high standard (Functionality, Development and Design QA)
- Create and execute customised test cases utilising our in-house test case creation software
- Investigate and submit bug reports sent by our players
- Communicate with players through forums and social media channels
- Report defects you identify to an exceptional standard using JIRA
- Analyse content and give objective feedback in verbal and written form
- Participate in weekly department playtests with the rest of the QA Department
- Work in a SCRUM team made up of talented multi-disciplined developers and artists
- Highlight risks regularly and provide mitigation solutions to development team
WHAT WE NEED
- Good Game QA experience
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organised and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic
- Capable of working to an excellent standard in a high-pressured environment
- An individual that owns their mistakes so that they and others can learn
- An honest, confident and vocal individual that speaks up and suggests improvements
- An individual that meets deadlines and delivers projects on time to an excellent standard
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of testing methodologies and AGILE development
- Ability to effectively perform destructive and exploratory testing without testcase guidance
- Ability to work on and move between multiple games/products when required
EVEN BETTER IF
- You have experience with JIRA and Perforce
- You have previous test experience on MMO’s
- You have a computing or games related degree
- You have previous experience as a compliance tester for Mobile/Console titles
- You have experience working with Unity / Unreal or similar game engines
- You have direct game experience on our LIVE products
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
|Location||220 Science Park, Cambridge|
|Job Category||QA / Localisation|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 2018-1571.|
|Apply for this job|