Games Jobs - QA / Localisation - Cambridge
|Job Title||QA Manager|
|Job Category||QA Manager|
|Job Description||Company Overview:
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex Ltd, the UK's largest developer and publisher of online games, is looking for a talented QA Manager to join our Growth and Product Services team. You will be responsible for setting high QA standards and best practice across assigned Products at Jagex from within a central QA department. You will be required to analyse current QA practices and develop a roadmap that brings the discipline forward, incorporating the unique challenges of each Product.
Reporting to the Director of QA, you will be responsible for the strategy and organisation of your QA team.
• Responsible for developing effective dashboards and reporting on Product QA activities to QA leadership which consists of other Leads, Managers and the Director of QA. From these reports develop a roadmap of improvements and initiatives to keep our Quality metrics going in the right direction.
• Managing relationships with QA vendors, giving feedback on Product vendor budgets, identifying the best use of resources, and ensuring quality work is coming back from the vendor.
• Providing leadership to the QA team by effectively recruiting the best talent, providing management support, personal development; mentoring and coaching as appropriate.
• Develop the Quality goals that will define your Product e.g. performance limits, defect fix ratio, crash rates, priority lists. Will need to build a partnership with Product and Production leaders to effectively achieve these goals.
• Contributing to the testing strategy of global test areas e.g. compatibility, performance, Live QA… ensuring we are consistent cross platform and Product. Willing to share failures so we all learn and improve.
• Setting standards for uniform reporting, defect ticketing and documentation across QA.
• Ensuring effective test processes are in place to serve live operations and that we are reacting to customer feedback.
• Working with other discipline leads on a Product to make processes work for QA. Member of the Product leadership group.
• Understanding and communicating issues, risks, and problems affecting the wider QA strategy.
• Awareness that problems require a local or studio-wide approach. Escalates effectively to the Director of QA.
• Leading member of the QA Guild develops courses and guides for the wider QA team. Gives presentations on best practices during QA monthly meet. Makes recommendations to the Director of QA on cross product team building.
• Has strong experience working in Principal or Lead position within a games development studio.
• Strong experience directly interacting with other studio disciplines.
• Strong knowledge of common test tooling e.g. JIRA and TestRail.
• Experience of Live Ops, ‘games as a service’ model.
• Test planning, scheduling and estimation for internal workload and vendor support requirements.
• Experience of the game development lifecycle and how QA integrates with this.
• Establishing, assessing and continually improving QA processes.
• Experience working with external QA partners.
• A passion for quality, getting things done and making things better.
• ISTQB series, management or similar certifications/training.
• Ability to read code, data and scripting information.
• Agile practices and processes.
• Developing test automation from a management view point.
• Technical test tools knowledge e.g. networking and performance tools.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||QA / Localisation|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference f420faa7-6581-4b87-81bf-9b95347e63bf.|
|Apply for this job|