Games Jobs - QA / Localisation - Cambridge
|Job Title||QE Manager|
|Job Category||QA / Localisation|
|Job Description||Important note: To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview. Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect. So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex Ltd, the UK's largest developer and publisher of online games, is looking for a talented Quality Engineering (QE) Manager to join our Growth and Product Services team.
The QE Manager is responsible for providing the technological and engineering expertise to our internal QA teams. This role will influence both the tactical project-level decisions within our games and strategic evolution of our Technical QA team.
As a critical partner of development and QA teams, the QE Manager provides engineering, architecture & quality consulting to the development team and QA groups. The QE Manager drives the creation of QA tools and automation frameworks. The QE Manager has direct management of Tech QA Engineers, QA Tool Developers, and SDETs.
• Provide strategic planning and direction in the areas of integrating, testing, and releasing the tools and software frameworks for the Technical QA team.
• Lead the development of tools and automation strategy.
• Drive innovation and manage opportunities.
• Be accountable for the technical proficiency of the QA team.
• Conduct code reviews and establish a robust quality assurance process for game engines, including integration and system testing.
• Review and approve proposed stories that drive the technical QA backlog.
• Monitor tools/ automation usage, performance and resolve any failures.
• Provide consulting to game teams and central technology providers on strategies at the component, sub-system, system-level and services.
• Provide technical oversight and direction to the embedded QA teams.
• Promote achievement of the Technical QA team, align with business goals and develop policies for sharing ideas across the QA teams.
• Ensure that all team members are provided with opportunities to achieve business and personal goals.
• Set project technical standards and policies, define the high-level architecture, processes and tools, and technical budgets.
• Accountable for the automation, tools & services’ technical design and implementation.
• Excellent industry technical experience working on tools, test automation and/or software development.
• Strong leadership and stakeholder management experience.
• Solid experience with C++, C# and scripting languages
• Proven track record in the design, develop, scale, and roll-out test automation systems.
• Proven track record in gathering and refine use cases and turn them into requirements and designs.
• Excellent organisational communication and management skills with a strong desire to contribute to a unique creative environment by utilizing worldwide talent.
• Experience managing and mentoring both junior and senior members of staff
• Training and presentation skills.
• Knowledgeable of deployment/ CI systems including automating binary packages to storefronts.
• Hands-on experience with mobile game development in a connected environment.
• Experience with Web Technologies.
• Experience working with offsite teams.
• Undertook training such as Scrum Master and/ or Product Owner.
• PRINCE2 practitioner.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||QA / Localisation|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 62c2e942-e756-4eef-b199-9481611fe451.|
|Apply for this job|