Games Jobs - Art / Animation - Cambridge
|Job Title||UI Artist|
|Job Category||UI / UX Designer / Artist|
|Job Description||Important note: To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview. Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect. So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Overview: We are looking for a talented and passionate UI Artist to help create a world-class interface for our brand new action RPG. You will work closely with our creative leadership to help build a brand-new AAA interface and to fundamentally shape the overall visual identity of our final product. From day-to-day, you’ll be involved in everything from prototyping features to the concept and implementation of in-game assets. You must be flexible, highly motivated and detail conscious. Industry knowledge, coupled with experience working on published AAA titles is desirable. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting game studios, to create world class games, within a successful, highly talented and collaborative team.This position is full-time and on-site. During the lockdown, the successful candidate will be required to work from home.
• Create, implement and iterate on game HUD, menus and all GUI assets
• Provide concept sketching, wire-framing and high-fidelity UI mockups/prototypes
• Work with the team, art directors and other artists to refine the look and feel of our user interface
• Work closely with design, production, and developers to iterate on best solutions to UI challenges
• Maintain consistent style under the direction of the Art Directors and carry out revisions as required
• Be comfortable communicating across teams and departments.
• Quickly iterate on ideas and feedback
• Portfolio of outstanding UI interfaces for PC or console games
• Strong foundational graphic design skills (colour theory, composition, typography etc)
• A passion for great UX design and accessibility in games
• Experience using Illustrator and Photoshop to create bitmap and vector assets
• Experience of motion design using After Effects and/or game engine.
• An obsessive eye for detail
• A strong passion for both playing and developing games
• Strong observation and visual research skills
• Good knowledge of the video game industry and of typical video game development processes
• Bachelors’ degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training
• Ability and willingness to learn new tools and techniques
BONUS: Familiarity with using Unreal 4 engine.BONUS:Experience and skill with 3D software packages
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||Art / Animation|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference ef17ac69-51ad-404a-9acc-c8fb7ec1e3be.|
|Apply for this job|