Director of External Services
Games Jobs - Production - Cambridge
|Job Title||Director of External Services|
|Job Description||Company Overview:
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex is looking for an experienced Director of External Services to join our team in Cambridge, UK, to build and lead an industry-leading External Services department. The Department needs to fulfil all current and future Jagex studio operational requirements, for both global production support, and external development disciplines. The External Services team facilitates the overall business relationship management with external service providers. Our ideal candidate has a driving passion for the business of supporting video game production.
Subject matter expertise sits within other internal teams; service lines supported would include, but are not limited to; QA, localisation, player support, creative services, audio, art, animation, UX/UI, play testing, engineering, porting, and co-dev.
Your experience in management and strategic thinking capabilities will shape how we holistically approach working with external service partners. This will require close working relationships with studio leadership, development, publishing, operations, product services, IT, finance and legal.
• Lead and evangelize the guiding vision and overall strategy for the department across the studio.
• Prioritize and direct strategies to support short- and long-term departmental and studio goals.
• Ensure effective monitoring and flexible planning within an Agile production environment.
• Construct and drive complex contract negotiations with key partners for mutually beneficial, long-term relationships.
• Define requirements and oversee the creation and build of a centralized repository for data, information, RFI/RFP, and process flows relating to the management of external service providers.
• Forecast, track, and provide strategic analysis and process improvement relating to working with external partners.
• Define KPIs to track performance of external partners, facilitate annual business reviews, and maintain a data-informed perspective on both projects and overall business relationships.
• Identify, communicate, and facilitate support to internal studio teams, for best practices and efficient utilization of external services.
• Ensure goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved.
• Build and lead a high performing team ensuring a strong culture of trust and collaboration.
• Proven success in a senior role related to outsourcing, external services or production support roles at publishers, major studios or large game services companies.
• Demonstrable and significant experience with complex contract negotiation, program management, strategic relations, key account management, business development.
• History of support for AAA PC, console, or mobile titles at scale; preferably as a live service.
• Fundamental working knowledge with at least 3 of the following disciplines. QA, localisation, player support, creative services, audio, art, animation, UX/UI, play testing, engineering, porting, and co-dev.
• Relationships with and extensive network of external studios and service providers.
• Strong communication, diplomacy, and people management skills; ability to work across multiple business units and stakeholders.
• Experience tracking multiple complex projects, providing insight and influence into how to execute and deliver more effectively.
• Organized and calm within a dynamic, fast-changing environment.
• Project management (PMP, Agile or other certification a plus).
• Passion for video games and the business of supporting video game production.
• Frequent travel required.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference ac9c8cc9-7c59-4b58-b6f1-159b30ac813c.|
|Apply for this job|