Head of Localisation
Games Jobs - QA / Localisation - Cambridge
|Job Title||Head of Localisation|
|Job Description||Company Overview:
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
As Localisation leader for the studio you will raise the current quality bar for our existing and future titles. As part of a centralised development service group, you will lead and define the Localisation strategy, approach and execution for all Jagex’s products. With a proven track record of building Localisation teams, and an excellent working knowledge across all aspects of Localisation, you will provide direction, mentoring and coaching to a small Localisation Leadership Team. You will cultivate a culture of continuous improvement within Jagex, blending both existing product and industry recognised best practices.
• Responsible for defining the Localisation strategy, approach and execution in all Jagex games.
• Be the senior-most point of contact and expert on all Localisation requirements and queries at studio.
• Directly line manage, mentor and support the Localised Leadership team to facilitate their own and their team’s growth and aspirations, proactively identifying existing and future skill gaps within your organisation.
• Strong collaboration with business and development leaders to understand product vision, requirements and develop product launch strategies whilst ensuring high quality and smooth release cycles.
• Build and establish a new Localisation sub-group dedicated to supporting the newly formed 3rd party publishing group, aimed to define and provide excellent localised support for our new game partners.
• Establish industry leading working practices for integrating remote Localisation teams, whilst utilising new and existing external Localisation partners to provide support as needed to supplement internal skillset.
• Define and build departmental KPI’s/reporting frameworks that are effective and are being used to track department performance in relation to product and overall company objectives.
• Working closely with the Localisation Product Manager you will define the tactical path of overhauling our existing Localisation tools and systems.
• Previous multi-language team leadership & management
• Localisation management across PC, mobile and console platforms
• Set up & management of outsourced support across multiple languages, games & platforms
• In depth understanding of localisation systems and their implementation
• Agile approach to development
• Strategy creation & implementation track record
• Resource & budget forecasting and management
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Job Category||QA / Localisation|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 60134bf1-e936-4494-a1c0-52878f8c2d79.|
|Apply for this job|