Head of Player Support
Games Jobs - Community Management - Cambridge
|Job Title||Head of Player Support|
|Job Category||Customer Service|
|Job Description||A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Responsible for core player support teams and output internally and externally, you will ensure that players receive service excellence, and that Product Owner support requirements are achieved, whilst championing Voice of the Player issues with key business stakeholders
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Take the lead in managing the day to day operation of 1st & 2nd line internal and external player support and anti-cheating activity to ensure response time, CSAT & internal KPIs & SLAs are on target & performance is managed effectively
- Ensure swift escalation and resolution of Voice of the Player issues arising from player contacts with stakeholders & Player Experience, providing visibility for Product Owners via Product PS Managers
- Produce relevant reporting for Player Support Operations and key product stakeholders on ROI, CSAT scores and Voice of the Player.
- Provide leadership and operational excellence for Player Support teams providing services for all products, ensuring all team members have a strong understanding of the department strategy and the part they play in business success
- Ensure high levels of employee satisfaction and engagement, evidenced via employee surveys utilising career paths, coaching, mentoring, training and succession planning
- Provide resource, from available project time, to assist Product Support Managers & Head of Player Experience in the delivery of strategic projects
- Manage recruitment and assessment of Player Support & Anti Cheating Specialists
- Ensure quality control is in place and feeding back into the operation and training of the department
- Be a Brand advocate for Jagex, internally and externally, seeking opportunities to realise brand capital
- Additional strategic management and project responsibilities, agreed with the Director of Player Experience
- Deputise for the Director of Player Experience in their absence in conjunction with the Head of PX
Essential Skills & Experience
- Extensive management of internal and external support teams
- Set up & management of outsourced support across multiple languages, games & platforms
- Experience in managing player support, community safety/moderation & anti cheating across multiple platforms
- Strategy creation and implementation track record
- Coaching and development of junior leadership roles
- Data led strategies and decision making
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
|Location||220 Science Park, Cambridge|
|Job Category||Community Management|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 2019-1681.|
|Apply for this job|