Games Jobs - Production - Cambridge
|Job Title||Marketing Artist|
|Job Description||Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we’re a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do.
We’ve welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve.
From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Jagex is looking for a Marketing Artist with additional knowledge of graphic design to join its fast-paced creative services team to help in the creation of their art assets for promotional purposes. This role is perfect for someone with a good flexible range of skills in 2D art, 3D art and graphic design.
As a marketing artist, it will predominantly be your job to create artwork that showcases specific pieces of content from our games in the most visceral and exciting way possible. From showcasing new pieces of armour or weapons to unusual creatures using either 2D illustration methods or 3D capture. You will be working on a large variety of projects beyond artwork including typography and UI design.
As part of your role, you will:
- Produce exceptional 2D and 3D artwork for promotional purposes.
- Produce creative assets with promotional messages
- Produce interesting and intuitive UI for time limited events
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on any given project.
- Use previous data to guide future projects
- Work from a brief, from concept to final launch.
- Follow multiple product brand guides.
WHAT WE NEED
- Exceptional 2D illustration skills
- Good understanding of 3D and associated software
- A great foundation knowledge of graphic design principles
- Proficiency in the use of Adobe Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and inDesign.
- A good eye for colours, typography, design and composition.
- Excellent communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
|Location||220 Science Park, Cambridge|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 2019-1665.|
|Apply for this job|