Games Jobs - Production - Cambridge
|Job Description||Important note: To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview. Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect. So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
As an experienced Producer for Old School RuneScape you will be quality focused, lead by example and develop trust and respect amongst the team with the ability to direct and improve planning, development and release processes on a continuous basis to meet product vision and quality goals. You will be experienced in full lifecycle development, detail focused and expert at balancing team resources, development requirements and product goals to deliver game features and content ensuring that the right priorities are set to create clarity and focus for the team to support key objectives. As part of the Old School RuneScape team, you will be responsible for one of our key initiatives. You have experience with multiplatform PC and console titles and have expertise in online games. You will initiate credible long-term plans, a clear and easily understandable strategic vision, and set yourself up for success to deliver against them. In addition, you will be accountable for effective and efficient development of various supporting initiatives and teams to meet budget, time and quality targets. You own the roadmap and its key objectives to achieve the strategic goals and will work with internal stakeholders, teams within the studio, and our external partners to set those objectives. This requires communication and influencing skills, and experience with external game production. Liaising closely with internal stakeholders and cross functional teams including Publishing, Platform, Tech Services, Analytics, Community Management and external partners; you’ll ensure key initiatives and dependencies are tracked, develop successful mitigating strategies to overcome challenges to delivery and execution to maximise each game release and meet long-term product roadmap goals. Working closely with the Lead Producer you will be a motivator, lead from the front and able to guide the development team’s talent to form a collaborative and unified team that establishes the highest standards and sets the tone for studio culture and values.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Partner closely with the Lead Producer to deliver on short and long-term development and roadmap objectives.
• Create clarity for the game teams by working collaboratively with product managers and content developers to drive requirements and outcomes
• Work closely with internal and external game teams to develop criteria and a framework for a successful live game and game updates, driving development and execution excellence to meet product goals and OKRs
• Work closely with the Product team and Analysts to help steer the decision making and green light process for new game updates and features
• Manage and work with the Project Manager to organize and improve the project management processes, identify problems and blockers to enable the predicable delivery of releases to quality
• Create good working relationships, managing cross team communication of development plans, requirements, and status to all areas of the business and external partners
• Focus on risks assessment, define mitigation plans that deliver on great outcomes for the team and product.
• Multiplatform and console experience
• Shipped one or more externally developed games at a (Senior) Producer or higher level
• You are an expert in game development, you understand product direction, you understand games as a service
• Strong analytical mind with excellent people and communication skills
• Avid game player with a passion for creating innovative and compelling games experiences
• Experience with analytics and data driven decision making a plus
|Salary||Based on experience|
|More||View other Jagex Games Studio jobs|
|Recruiter||This job is advertised on behalf of Jagex Games Studio using their internal reference 15254359-5ab1-49bc-b022-babbca5f73ae.|
|Apply for this job|